special guest star
[html]
[/html]SSWM: 343

Vieira wished Anselm would have left it alone but instead went on to explain despite her distress. She tried to listen should he suggest testing the game again and she thought she got the idea, but she was not sure. It did not sound like something she would want to play, at least, and she wished Kaena had not sent her away. Her gaze lifted to the sky and she watched the clouds and expected him to return to that game since she had been quick to catch on. Instead, he asked about what she did for fun and that was enough to shake her. For fun. That word was so far from her mind that she could barely come up with her own description. It was not about how much fun she had but how happy her owners were. If they were happy, she was free of pain and that was what she would strive for on a daily basis. She did what she could to avoid punishment.

"I... I need to go back," she said and her ears fell back against her head. She felt a similar rush of fear when she spoke to Rikka and her urge to get back to the cave before she got herself in trouble. She did not imagine Kaena would be upset with her over this but the pressure was too much for her to take. She did not have answers for him that did not require extensive explanation or prior knowledge. "I'm sorry, I need to go," she said with a sudden jerk of her legs and stumbled to her feet. The snow was slippery beneath her and gave her a little bit of a struggle but she did not dart off right away, as if she needed his okay or his lack of anger before she made an escape.

Her weight turned to make her way up the hill but her footing was slow in case he had to object in order to keep her here, an order she would have to follow.

[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread