can't catch hell for dreaming
[html]

Fine, I won't use it! >| Kidding, at school and if I turn the internet on for too long my computer will die! I'll make this pretty when I get home Big Grin woo
392 words

It was absolutely remarkable how effective this method was, considering that paddles were so widely used. Then again, they were in particularly calm water and it was relatively warm out. Using one's hands would be painful in the cold, especialy if one was travelling down a rocky river or exposed to the raw ocean. In this case, however, everything seemed well, and the two wolves coasted along at a splendid speed. So splendid, in fact, that Hemming lost track of how much water they had sped over, lost any sense of how far it was safe to go, and also, didn't care much. To Strelein's praise he only giggled, whooping again and laughing.

It was only when his friend voiced concern that he realized that perhaps some concern was warranted. If they escaped the curving arms of the land they would be out on the rough sea, and though they were speedy now his arms were getting tired quickly. He didn't want to be stuck out at sea in a boat just because his arms were tired. It was fortunate that Strelein was there to keep tabs on their well-being, because otherwise the boat maker might have spent the night floating through the sea. On one hand, that would likely be rather lovely, with the stars dotting the dark sky, but Hemming didn't want his first boat trip to span more than one day (or end in tragedy).

He stopped his paddling as he twisted his torso to look at the wolf and the water behind them. They had gone much further than Hemming would have guessed, and the shore where they had gotten in seemed to be tiny. Truth be told, the wolf didn't have a plan at all, and frankly he was a little surprised that the boat had survived thus far. He had become a little giddy and confident with their success, and rather than expressing much concern, he suggested chipperly, "I agree. Let's go that way! See how this puppy turns." With a grin he went back to paddling, using a single hand to help rotate the boat while pointing with his other hand to indicate the direction, towards the rocky arms that slowly sunk down into the sea. Perhaps they could get to a nice path rather than having to carry the boat across the rocks again.

Gen made this! ♥
[/html]

Messages In This Thread