Fight with Tools
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ands-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
My brain was blacking out halfway through because I haven't slept for over almost 48 hours Big Grin

Mati had begun to deviate from her straight forward path, clearly looking for things. The cart that had been standing oddly in the middle of the store was now filling up with the things that the artist deemed necessary. The majority of it was understandable, though a piece here and there gave doubt to the redhead. Wooden sticks? What on earth were they for? There were several types of brushes, which Strelein scoffed at for a moment, wondering why there was a need for more than one or two. Surely a roller would have sufficed? He picked up one that looked particularly fluffy, dropping the hammer into the cart in the meantime. The brush was springy and spongy, and looked like it was more suited for smaller details. Oh! That was probably what the woman needed the variety for; detail! He had almost forgotten he had asked for more than an average coat of paint.

He knew the boundaries he had given to the violet eyed woman were vague. Sure as hell it was going to be trickier for her to narrow down her vision. Strel did not mean to make it harder for her, though he was not truly sure what he really want for his room. Honestly, he was happy with practically anything as long as it was not gory and bloody. If she dared to do that, then he would definitely paint over it. No. Even then he would bear with it, simply looking away from it when he slept. Such a thing would have been cruel. A work of art required time, patience and heart and to paint over it would be a senseless destruction of something valuable. Though the redhead was positive that Mati would stick to his parameters well enough to give him some peace of mind in that direction.

Eying her, head cocked, Strelein waited for her to elaborate when Mati had turned to him for his opinion. His lavender eyes gazed back at her violet ones with curiosity, interest clearly peaked. Though as the woman explained, his smile grew wider and wider, pearly whites showing through at the end. The idea was terrific; he loved it the moment the barest shell of its image was implanted into his mind. Sure, the description merely gave him a sense of what it would be, but already he knew he would love being in his home more. A sparkling city, destroyed but not lost to the sands of time. Still glowing as a ruin to the testiment to the might of a dead civilization. It was perfect. Perhaps he would now be glad to bring someone there to show off a marvelous gift Mati would give to him with her time and energy.

"Mati!" he exclaimed, laughing out. "That's brilliant! I love, love, love it!" He gave a slight tail wag, highly uncharacteristic of his species. "I don't care what you use as long as you let your vision come to light. It sounds so amazing, just from the thought of it. I already can't wait." Strelein beamed eyes glittering with the mural in his mind's eye. He noticed he had begun to cling to the spongy brush, crushing it a bit underneath his grip. Dropping it, he gave a nervous laugh, still grinning.

"Maybe you could use black or grayer tones for the buildings and human things, and use bright colors as contrast? Perhaps for nature? But still make the human stuff shinyish?" he offered his suggestions, trying to be as unimposing as possible since he wanted to let Mati's idea be the dominant vision.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread