i dissolve and break and then away i crawl
[html]
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp61 ... nogogo.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
No, I apologize for the lateness! :x 771

The Marino man had also been expecting to spend this long night alone. He was slightly ashamed to admit it, but he was beginning to grow used to these late-night expeditions, whether he was wandering aimlessly through the empty halls of the manor or through out the varying landmarks of their pack lands. Usually the entire pack was sound asleep while he took to his slight insomnia-induced walks, and he had somewhat grown used to the quiet that blanketed the land of Dreamers as he wandered. As such, Ehno was quite surprised to find the young woman sitting out on the porch this night, looking a bit tired but otherwise content to remain where she was and watch the night go by. Despite the surprise and how used to the lonely silence he had become, the Italian man was rather glad to find that he wasn’t the only one out and about this night. Ehno was a social man, and it brightened his mood to discover that he would not be alone tonight.

One the initial shock from this surprise encounter wore off, the Dreamer male found that he was quite delighted when he realized it was Brooklyn out here on this cold night. It was an odd thing to think that he was happy to find that it was the snowy pelted young woman, but he had not been able to spend much time at all with her recently. When Brooklyn was younger, he recalled that they had spent quite a bit of time together, playing silly games and creating little toys in his workshop. He hadn’t seen her around the manor so much lately, though that was of course due in part to his frequent trips to both Halifax and Phoenix Valley after Naniko’s incident months before.

A bit of that awkward feeling came upon him again at that thought, the same awkwardness that he had felt around Mati when he first ran into her after his initial return. Brooklyn would have had to have learned of what transpired between him and her biological mother, just as her sister had. Would she look upon him coldly, find him to be a crude man after what he had done? He almost expected it, after the initially cold encounter he had recently had with Mati. But Brooklyn turned and smiled at him, greeting him pleasantly with the familiar “Uncle Ehno” title. He felt that strange awkward feeling drift way quickly, relieved that she was still happy to see him despite all that he had recently gotten himself involved with.

He wondered briefly about the reasons why Brooklyn would be spending her time so late at night sitting out on the manor’s porch. It worried him to find the young woman out here alone, avoiding sleep for one reason or another. It occurred to him that he should perhaps also be more worried about his own recent bouts of sleeplessness, but being empathetic in nature, Ehno would always worry about others before worrying about himself. The Dreamer girl seemed rather content sitting out here during the quiet winter night, so the Marino convinced himself to push away his immediate worries until he could determine if there was more to her late-night star viewing than a simple want of fresh air.

The girl scooted over on the wooden steps of the porch, inviting him to join her in the space she provided. He smiled warmly at her as he took a seat beside her. She asked him how he was and he responded quickly, nodding briefly as he spoke. “I suppose I’m doing fairly well. How about you Brook? Have you been well?” The snowy-coated girl then threw him an amusing comment, grinning goofily at him along with it. The Marino man laughed. “Ah, no. I seem to be turning into quite the night owl. It seems you’ve caught me in the act,” he with a laugh, mirroring her silly grin upon his own features. The D’Angelo girl was the first to discover him during one of his sleepless nights. He hoped that it didn’t seem like too odd of a change within him. Ehno’s thoughts then drifted once more to the possible reasons why Brooklyn would be out here so late as well. “What’s new, Brooklyn? Is everything alright? Or are you just trying out the night life like I am?” Past the dash of humor he added to his words, there was that hint of concern. As far as he was aware, this was unusual behavior for the girl and he hoped that there wasn’t anything worrisome keeping her awake tonight.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread