fast food to go.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">
@&#&$Although the significance of a saddle was lost on him from the rider's point of view, he could still appreciate the notion of pockets and the hauling capability that followed. He could pull a decent amount of weight on his own (in his secui form especially)--given that a horse was even larger, he supposed it made a lot of good sense to put the animal to work in such a way. If anything, a legitimate harness and sleigh would be even better (assuming there was snow cover, of course). Hell, he'd seen a couple of dilapidated carts laying around--if they could find one with a good set of wheels, maybe they'd even have some large-scale freighting options come summer. Rather than say anything--he wasn't sure how much was within his right to suggest, as the animal belonged to the other canine--he simply offered an appreciative nod.

@&#&$As the smaller man began to explain the trap, his dark-tipped ears cupped forward and he listened carefully. He noted every detail as Cotl set the trap--the way he pried the two jaws apart, the way he got his own hand out without it going off. At the finale of the Imaginifer's demonstration the trap snapped shut, splintering the small piece of wood and causing the scout's eyes to widen in surprise. It made sense that the mechanism was a fast one--otherwise the victim would have time to see it coming and get out. Still, to see something as unyielding and hefty as metal move so quickly was rather impressive. He bent down on all fours and sniffed at the sprung trap lightly, then eyed the latch and springs. Before long he could visualise the process mentally--once satisfied with his little thought experiment, he back stood up. He tested the weight of the thing with his right hand; it weighed at least 30 pounds easy. If Cotl already had three it was shaping up to be a long walk home.

@&#&$"We should be able to manage half a dozen between the two of us, but just barely. If we find much more y'might need to make a second trip later with a bigger crew," he said. While Anselm was in remarkably good shape, he understood the simple physics behind hauling on order of 100 lbs literally dozens of miles through rough terrain. The saddle would add additional weight, plus its awkward shape would make navigation through the thick vegetation interesting. Between the weight itself and taking time to clear a path, he figured they wouldn't be rolling into Inferni until this time tomorrow. They'd have to put shit down, clear a path, go back and retrieve their stockpile, and repeat as many times as necessary--more than likely, they'd have to stop often to rest (with at least one major break for sleep). The task was certainly not trivial but the reward they would reap for their efforts made it worthwhile.
@&#&$It was a shame that the streams and creeks all flowed away from Inferni here toward the sea--otherwise they might've been able to build some sort of raft and float them all the way back using the natural currents. Unfortunately geography was not on their side. There wasn't anything left to do, then, but hop to it. And so, with a quick nod he bade his companion a temporary farewell. "Aight. I'll figure out what else I can scavenge 'n I'll meet you back near the forest where we came in when I'm ready." He made his way back outside the barn and set out looking for another.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread