Amends
[html]

He had never seen himself as inspirational nor heroic, but perhaps he was not so far gone than he thought. Jefferson viewed himself as just and fair, a dedicated leader to his pack but an independent loner at heart. He was nothing to admire; the brute was snide, sarcastic, and bitter at times while utterly caustic at his worst. The ways he went about justice sufficed the needs of the situation, as he had both fought physical battles to bring about justice while at other times using bitterness to bring down those who fell easily to words. His insults, his sentences were carefully worded when necessary, while at other times he simply let loose and slashed mental wounds deep with the recklessness of of his wit. There was nothing to admire in Jefferson, and yet the bright green eyes of his half-sister -- the same green he peered back with half the power -- told him otherwise. He was not so far gone. He still had the capability to make a difference. Somewhere inside, his walls cracked a little.

"Your kids are always welcome here," he nodded, eye wandering off where they'd disappeared last. "Haku is unpredictable at best. Whenever they need safety, they'll have it here. That goes for you too, Mew. I don't know why you stay there, with him. I don't know why any of you do." Addison, too...

The brute listened to her words, her mellowed praise of his character that he'd never even began to consider himself. The cyclops resisted all urges to shake his head and disagree. "I did nothing. You were the one who came back here; I never told you too. There is far more to your than you think, Mew." He breathed, then smiled a shallow simper. "There are others like you; maybe you can teach them otherwise. Maybe that way, all this racist hell will finally be over."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread