break me down to an atom
[html]
I have permission from Sonia to join this pack, in case you're wondering. Also, this is private for Kumu.

Character name: Ari Sohs
Character birthdate: May 16th, 2007
Luperci? Yes; Ortus.
Your email: upernovian@gmail.com">supernovian@gmail.com
Secondary contact: AIM - supernovian
How did you hear/learn about 'Souls? I've been here before, but it was from affiliation with WWS.

Come on. Keep up. Ari stumbled again, struggling to keep up with the gaunt form of his older brother. He was tired — really tired. His brother had been leading him like this for hours, and Ari had been trying to figure out the destination for the whole time. He couldn't figure it out. He had never been this far south before, and never this close to the ocean, which he could smell on the wind. An unwanted pit of terror began to well up inside of him. What was going on? Where was Nikolaos taking him?

The darker form of Nikolaos kept pressing on, never once turning to look back at Ari. Ari had never been close with his brother, or any of his family for that matter. He was afraid to ask where they were going, and what they were going to do. His brother wasn't as angry as Pelagios, but he made up for it with an uncomfortable air of impassiveness. The core of it was that Ari wasn't afraid of Nikolaos at all. He was afraid of what he would answer with.

They continued south and, before long, Ari smelled something that made the fur on the back of his neck stand on end. Other wolves — an entire pack, from the smell of it. N-Nikolaos— he started, but his brother threw up a hand to stop him. He shushed with a tiny whimper, stepping over the scent border. His brother pressed on, and hurried his pace. It didn't seem like Nikolaos wanted to be caught there. He drove further into the territory, moving very quickly. Ari was having a tough time to keep up but, suddenly, Nikolaos stopped. He turned to face Ari for the first time since they had left. Stay, Nikolaos commanded, as he would a dog. He went to pass Ari — to leave him there. Nikolaos! Ari yelped, following a step. His older brother stopped as soon as Ari had taken a step toward him and whirled around. He rigidly grasped Ari's shoulder and shoved him to the ground. Stay here, Nikolaos said more deliberately, his dark eyes emotionless. Or, was there emotion? Was that the tiniest hint of... pity? It disappeared so fast, Ari thought he had imagined it. Nikolaos turned and began to leave once more, and the reality of it all dawned on Ari. He was being abandoned here. The kid began to cry, muttering Nikolaos' name under his breath — pleading. If the pack that lived here found him, they might even kill him. He was being abandoned here to die.

Nikolaos stopped. Ari's hopes began to rise once more, but Nikolaos only turned to look at him over his shoulder. Stay here, Ari. Please. Ari could see pity once more in his eyes, and he wasn't imagining it this time. Stay here, stay alive. I'll... I'll come back for you if you do. Nikolaos turned away, and Ari thought that he heard his older brother say, I'm sorry, before leaving once and for all.

Ari backed up until he was at the foot of a tree, yet remained sitting on the ground. He hugged his knees to his chest, sniffling periodically. He didn't feel like running — what was the point? This new place seemed dangerous. He thought that it would be better to wait and see what would happen. If something bad did, well, thus ended the story of Ari Sohs. If it didn't, well, the story was about to come to a whole new chapter.

So he waited, tears slowly leaking from his blue eyes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread