Sunset, Moonrise
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
That’ll work. You don’t have to reply to this one if you don’t want to.

Males, females, Phoenix had a number of friends amongst both genders. For the most part he could overlook the difference, although those of his own gender were easier to get along with. Having a mate removed any possibility of a sexual relationship with other females, which eased up things a bit. He loved Iskata and would never cheat on her. But having one more friend, there was nothing wrong with that. Phoenix didn’t know what the future had in store for himself and Anderung or how close they could become but as long as she remained a member of his pack he would try to look out for her.

At her question, Phoenix began to rise. He hadn’t used his muscles in weeks, so the going was slow, but eventually (and with a little grunting that sounded embarrassingly like an old man’s) he was on all fours once again. It would take some time before he got his strength back but it would never happen at all unless he moved as much as he could, so he took any excuse. “C’mon,” he said. “I’ll show you Dierdre an’ Pilot’s old spot. They moved back to their own den for some private time, so I don’t think they’d mind.”

He was somewhat disappointed that the pack wasn’t sleeping together any more like the first few nights, but with the danger caused by the avalanche now passed, soon the whole pack would be going back to their old routine. But Phoenix was enjoying his time in the pack den, so he was reluctant to go back to his own home. On the wall across from them were written the names of everyone who had been present the say Phoenix had established this cave as the pack den. He’d had a burst of optimism that day, considering they had all survived a tragedy and come out stronger for it.Grabbing one of the blankets from the pile, he laid it down and motioned for Anderung to make herself comfortable. “There’s somethin’ you should know about th’ wolves here in Storm,” he told her. “We’re all survivors. We have a tendency t’ survive tragedy, an’ even come out stronger from it. I’m sure you’ll do jus’ fine here, Anderung. Goodnight.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread