I will let you hold my hand forever
[html]<style type="text/css">p{ margin:0px; padding:0px; text-indent:20px;}</style>

HYBRID IS SUPER MEAN. Big Grin Kind of powerplayish with Hybrid talking? Plz PM if you want it fixed! (WC: 539)

i heard they say the boy's missing

He had never considered how difficult it would be to teach someone things he had understood naturally. Or, perhaps, things he had discovered on his own through his fights and skirmishes. Perhaps one of the reasons Hybrid bore so many scars was because he had figured things out as he went along. He would try something, and if it didn't work, he would re-evaluate his plan and try another way, or perhaps try again. But usually when something did not work, his enemy got an attack of their own in, hence the scars. Moreover, Hybrid had grown up fighting in some way. Be it with words or with claws, he had never allowed himself much peace. It didn't come naturally to him: it was simply how he had lived and existed. If he considered it, it would be fairly easy to understand where his aggression came from; however, one of Hybrid's principle rules was to never think about the deep past or about the things that had hurt him. Now, he just accepted things as they came. Perhaps it had made him a better warrior. Perhaps it held him back; he would never know, since he would never question it.

Hybrid watched Halo as she pulled herself to her feet. He could see the anger boiling below the surface. Good. If she could control it, she could use it to her advantage. However, Hybrid suspected she would only use it to lash out. Stoicism was perhaps the perfect example of controlling one's rage. Gabriel did not even blink when he had attacked Hybrid and dislocated his shoulder. As Hybrid contemplated this, he noticed Halo was moving towards him -- fast. Hybrid had not expected her to recover so quickly, and her attack surprised him. She hit him lower this time. Hybrid knew he would not be able to get out of the way in time, so he tried to absorb the blow. He jumped backwards as she barrelled into him, flipping over, rolling and pulling himself to his feet. He was breathing heavily now, and although he expected she would continue with her attack, he decided to stand his ground and wait. He regained his footing and lowered himself into a defensive crouch, regarding her quietly.

"Better," he acknowledged. "I've got long legs and I don't weigh a whole lot. So it's good to take my feet out from under me. You're quick, too, so it works well. But do you see what I did? I used my peripheries -- they're a lot faster than staring someone straight on -- and rolled when I fell. You'll hurt yourself if you can't take an attack, get pushed onto uneven ground, or just fall awkwardly. You'll probably end up on your back. Never get on your back. They'll eat your innards. But to fall, don't just plop down on the ground. If you're falling, try to roll. Like rolling in the mud. You don't have much motion, but at least you can get out of the way. If you're travelling fast enough, you might just roll a bunch of times instead of breaking something," he concluded. "Let's try again," he added. "You pick: do you want to attack, or will I?"

Table by Mel!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread