the clock that ticks. (kae, snake, or viei)
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">Round 4 I'm guessing most of what they need will be in the plaza Anselm describes, excepting what Snake wants for the gun. So feel free to powerplay them getting to the gun store (or whatever); round 5 will probably be picking up what they need from the plaza and the final round will be the return trip. Big Grin
@&#&$Anselm's ears swivelled atop his head, perhaps straining for the voices of his comrades above all else. And yet, as they travelled mostly in silence, only the hushed and sporadic sounds from the winter forest could be heard. He supposed it was just as well; although he was still rather ignorant to her status within the clan, he'd already gathered that Vieira didn't speak much unless spoken to first--and though the underlying motivations may have been very different, Snake seemed much the same. Anselm certainly wouldn't have been opposed to a friendlier, open relationship with the young warrior; into his old age he was beginning to appreciate friends outside of the family more and more. They could offer a different perspective, and though Anselm would always follow through his decisions with remarkable confidence and resolution, he was more open minded than many would suspect. More than being "right," he wanted to actually be right, and sometimes that involved admitting his first instinct or thought was wrong.
@&#&$Above all else he found the silence between him and Kaena most disconcerting. Through their spars and vague sense of kinship, the two had grown rather close in a short span of time. She had helped him through his internal dilemma upon Valkyrie and Ryan's departure--she'd set his mind at ease and by now, he was determined to return the favour. The smell of water was thick within the air, and although they couldn't see it through the lifeless forest, he knew that they were in the vicinity of the sizeable lake. His steps slowed slightly so that Kaena might catch up to his side, and he nudged her gently with his snout before gesturing off in the direction of the water body. "Hah, you should've seen this one dumbfuck wolf I saw hunting there at the lake once," he said, his grin mischievous but his aura steady and calm, as always.
@&#&$"Guy's just trying to catch a goose, right? Well, he didn't seem to realise they were on a nest. The mother flips out, he turns and starts running, slips on a pile of their shit and face plants into the water. I was already in and out with a couple of eggs by the time he popped back up; threw him a wink before he disappeared into a flurry of feathers and flapping wings," he concluded with a soft snort. The story wasn't meant to be outrageously hilarious; he was just hoping for a small snicker or smile. "Dunno what the most ridiculous hunting attempt you've ever seen was, but I'm pretty sure that one takes the cake for me," he added, inviting her to share a story of her own--in the most respectful way possible she was as old as the earth itself, so surely she had accumulated some good stories over the years.

@&#&$Already they were passing the airport; it wouldn't be much further to their final landmark before the road split. He took a moment to address the entire party, his voice lifting as the last tale had been more or less intended for Kaena alone (not that they wouldn't be able to hear it with hearing so keen as to detect the movements of a lemming beneath a foot of snow cover). "We'll be at the city limits within fifteen minutes. Whatever you folks need we'll get first; my shopping list runs a mile long and it'll be more efficient to grab that shit on the way back out," he said. "In fact, we oughta pick up the lighter 'n more scattered things first," he added, peering at them all imploringly as if prompting them to figure it out amongst themselves. He had no idea what any of them actually wanted and now seemed as good a time as any to formulate a plan. Haphazard wandering wasn't his style. "That said, my stop'll be a hardware store--there's a couple department stores in the same plaza; so anything bedding, construction, tool, or medically related we can find there," he finished, turning his head back to the path before them and pressing on. The plaza he had in mind was right where they'd be coming into the city, too; he felt mighty pleased with his own planning (to say the least).

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +714
[/html]

Messages In This Thread