clans of the wild
DaVinci hadn't expected her to say anything, Zana had always been the silent shadow looming behind him, watching him, listening to the plans and stories of his youth and just studying him with those unnerving lilac grey eyes. When he realized that it had been his sister that spoke and just what she'd said he for once was the silent one. He really didn't know what they had expected of him, what they believed that he could do to restore order to the clan that he'd been adopted into and later become the heir. Now he was watching as the warriors of the clan pulled the large ship slowly and surely into the shallow bay, those that had been loyal to his father's line and the way of their world.

A moment longer he was silent before he shook his head and turned those stormy orbs towards Zana, the warrior child the men had taken a liking to and in some ways even feared. "I don't know kid, I guess we'll have to work on that.." he said as the planks were lowered onto the sandy shores balanced neatly between the two high cliffs. He wasn't for certain just where they were in the clan's lands, or if they even were but he was glad that they weren't going to be doing this alone. He let the others head down the planks and onto solid land, greeting brothers, wives, and sisters and kin. They had all retreated except Aisleran, the tall warrior striking a strange figure draped over the rail next to his tiny dwarf of a sister.

He gave the commander a sharp nod and watched as Aisleran too departed before he finally spoke honestly to Zana. "Zana, I have no idea what part you may have in this, Firefly was the one who suggested seeing if you would come along.. Frankly I'm surprised you did. You're something these folks would never expect to see on a war path and in some way I believe that they would judge you unfairly.. that perhaps will give you an advantage over them but there's still a lot to learn in a small period of time if I'm to even attempt to set things right here." His stormy orbs glanced down to the beach where Aisleran stood and waited for the two of them to join him. DaVinci glanced at Zana one last time before boarding the plank and eyeing her. "Come now, I'm sure we can find something or someone to entertain you until we get settled." There was mischief in his eyes as he waited for her to join him on the departure to the grounds below.

Messages In This Thread