clans of the wild
Zana was known to be a bit prickly and even whiny sometimes but she learned quickly and was skilled in many ways, some of them deadly and sinister even but it seemed that her brother felt that as long as they were on the same side that he could overlook her stash of darts and their deathly poisons. While the men on the ship had grown to respect her she didn’t believe that the folks of the land would. Her grey lilac eyes stared over the heads of the people below, wondering of quickly their fanfare would end when they realized that there was a stranger among them. She knew that they had accepted DaVinci and Firefly over time but she was nothing like her siblings. She sighed in annoyance and shot their heir a dirty look before speaking softly. ”That we’ll have to do…” she said as she stepped up to stand beside her brother at the top of the plank, her eyes settling upon the few faces below that she knew to some degree.

She hadn’t really expected DaVinci to speak further on her complaint but when he did her sharp glare softened somewhat as she ran her fingers along the smooth bone staff that was slung over her back. Silently she pulled the weapon from behind her and leaned against it for a moment while she contemplated just what her brother had said. When she returned her gaze to him it was steady as she spoke. ”I came because you asked, nothing more. Gabriel won’t like this if I make it back, but I don’t think he will say much on it.” He never did seem to have much to say she thought to herself before she took a step forward into her future.

The shift and dip of the plank under her feet didn’t seem to respond to her weight at all but that of their heir as he followed her. Something nagged at the back of her mind as she questioned him softly in their language, knowing that soon they would be speaking the foreign tongue of his people and little or nothing else. ”Why was Firefly’s suggestion so important, even Aisleran took time to reflect over it after he met me..” She had a feeling that he’d left something out about their annoying sister but she hadn’t pressed him on the subject, not when so many strange faces were before them, but now it seemed that this was going to be one of the last moments she had to ask so she took what she was given.

Messages In This Thread