Too bad dark languages rarely survive
Zana had startled at the words that DaVinci spoke honestly. She didn’t really understand what he meant by saying that she probably would never be able to bear the next Ri even if she wanted to. She pinned her ears back in offense as she hugged. ”Why do you say that? They accept me as a warrior and obviously they wouldn’t mind me as the mother of your heir..” She hadn’t realized that his words were voiced in concern for her life; she hardly even knew anything about herself much less sex or the aftermath it could lead into. She glared at her brother, her emotions flitting from one to another so quickly it was almost hard to keep up with them. She demanded an answer now and she wasn’t going to take some brisk brush off just yet.

It didn’t take long for that anger to subside a little at the suggestion that DaVinci had offered, of speaking to Aisleran and finding out what had happened. She colored quickly and her voice rose as she protested. ”You’ll do no such thing!” once more embarrassed by the fact that her brother was suggesting going to the man that had taken an attempt to prod at her current affairs and seek to know what she was to do when the time came to bear heirs. The flush to her neck and cheeks burned upon her skin as she stood up straight before her brother and hissed. ”I will deal with Aisleran in my own ways, I don’t need you to do things for me!” If she’d known that the sudden change in emotions, the quick turn of everything could in part be blamed on the cycle she’d entered into she probably wouldn’t have believed it. She had never had anyone pry into her personal life, not even her brother and she wasn’t about to start now.

She couldn’t believe the next words out of her brother’s mouth though as he took in her appearance once more. She threw her hands partly into the air with a groan as she turned towards the door. She was going to get nowhere when he was in one of these thoughtful moods. Every turn, every word seemed to make her skin prickle with embarrassment and she wasn’t about to start having to explain everything in her life to him. She didn’t even want him to know anything as personal as the cycles that the women said were natural for her to be going though, but it seemed that one way or another he’d found out, if not by another’s tongue than by her display today. Her ears drooped slightly, not liking the face that it was obvious that she was not going to have much privacy from here on out for a while.
Sighing to herself she muttered, ”Is there anything you don’t know?” she asked, her eyes sharp with annoyance as she waited for his reply. She was on the verge of leaving but she hadn’t really had a chance to talk to her brother in a long time alone, if this was going to be one of the few chances she was going to get then she’d take it, no matter how tainted it actually was.

Messages In This Thread