Too bad dark languages rarely survive
He couldn’t help but be amused as he watched his sister go from hot to cold so quickly and suddenly. He wasn’t going to tell her that in the rage she was in right now she sort of reminded him of Firefly, that would definitely not bode well for him and he was smart enough to know when to keep his mouth shut. His upper lip twitched, giving rise to his amusement at how she thought that he didn’t want her to have children. He couldn’t see her reasoning behind believing that but he could just give in and answer her instead of sitting there with a look of amusement plastered on his maw, which at anytime she was more than likely to slap off his face, rank or no rank. ”Zana, you’re not like the rest of us.. If it was your wish to choose a mate and get with pups I wouldn’t raise my voice against you.. but I would worry for you.” He sighed as he turned his eyes towards the lone window in the room, watching the sunlight filter in as he spoke. ”No one can say if you bear young if they will follow after your ways or if they would be normal.. I’m afraid of what would happen to you if it was the later.” His eyes voiced his concern as he turned back to her. He’d lost Ryan in a way; he didn’t want to risk losing his sister, not in this way not at all.

He studied her a moment, his silence lingering until he noticed the change in her posture once more. He couldn’t help the smile that twitched upon his lips once more as she dared him to go to Aisleran. He only raised his hands in defeat as he sighed once more and eyed her with reproach. ”Fine then. I won’t talk with him without you know.. Though I don’t see why you’re so upset about it, he’s bound to know you’re here now.” He turned back to one of the papers upon his desk and eyed it a moment before pushing it away from him. His mind already swam from all the plans and strategies that he’d been over already. It seemed that his cousin had taken his sudden reappearance to heart and a temper had flared afterwards. The scouts had reported his army’s movement south from the castle and were heading this way. They believed it would be almost a month before they reached them and DaVinci had been in the middle of deciding where and when they would march for the battlegrounds. He was not going to have the war brought to the doorsteps of the hall where they were guests. He pushed away from the thoughts and turned back to his sister to notice the look of disgust upon her face.

He smirked at the look she granted him and raised a brow as he waited for what was to come. When she made the move to leave he didn’t stop her, but instead of go she turned back and asked him one simple question which he greeted with a chuckle of amusement as he shrugged his shoulders and admitted. ”It is my duty to know everything, though there are some things I wish I was not so privy to.” his voice was dry as he eyed her, merriment danced in his stormy orbs as he waited to see if she would challenge his words. As bitter as this reunion was he’d missed his younger sibling and her sharp tongue. To have her back, even for just a moment was enough for him. He knew too soon she would go back to being a warrior princess and he would return to carving out a new way for his people. Growing up was hard to do he knew but he believed that she’d do just fine.

Messages In This Thread