Too bad dark languages rarely survive
Zana had not realized that DaVinci’s concerns might just be for the best. When he spoke his piece she flicked her ears back as though she was being reprimanded, even though her brother’s tone was far from that. It was a lot to swallow and she wasn’t sure if she even wanted to hear it. She raised her muted lilac orbs to gaze at him as she pressed her brother on. ”Do you think it would be stupid of me to try, if I wanted pups?” she asked, not realizing that her brother probably wasn’t the best one to be having this conversation with. She had never thought of her size as much of anything except a challenge in her everyday life. Zana hadn’t thought that it could hinder her in anything like the natural order of things. Her eyes were crestfallen as she thought on this silently, not knowing how exactly she felt. Moments before she was afraid of the thought of even having a child, thinking it was her duty, now knowing she was free to choose but the danger that loomed over that choice could end in something so devastating. She wasn’t sure if she was free to even make such a decision as choosing a mate now, knowing that there was the danger of what pain she might bring to him if she did choose to try and bear pups.

The silence that fell over them was too much for her and she was glad when DaVinco moved on to other things. Though his choice of topics was one she’d wished he’d had the common sense to drop earlier. A flicker of annoyance crossed her face once more as she growled. ”Well then, I don’t give you my permission to talk to him ever of this, of any of this..” she said, her gruff tone falling apart as she realized that if she’d ever realized that Aisleran’s feeling were that of a different love than she’d originally though before DaVinci had spoken to her that it could have well been him that she’d left in such pain if she’d attempted to bear young and anything had happened. A shudder coursed through her body as she inhaled and tried her hardest to push the thoughts away. She did not need anything like that riding on her conscience. It seemed she was going to be spending her life pretty lonely until she could find an answer to this all.

Zana’s mind began to wander slight as she stood before her brother, thinking of what could have happened if she hadn’t been alarmed by Aisleran’s questions, if she had already known what her roal in the scheme of things was suppose to be. She sighed softly, not for certain exactly how she felt about any of this, how she felt about anyone. She wished that she hadn’t been blind to Aisleran’s emotions and feelings towards her but she believed that things were too late to patch now. Her face blanching as she realized just how she’d left him and what she’d done to the man. He’d only been trying to tell her how he felt and though it probably wasn’t in the best way she had lashed out at him. She wondered if her friend would even begin to forgive her for what she’d done.. she wondered if he had known that she had been clueless before he spoke of a sister’s role to the Ri. She glanced up at DaVinci and asked. ” Did Aisleran know I didn’t know?” her eyes were pleading, it would be easier to forgive the man if he hadn’t know. She knew in the end she could forgive him, though she didn’t know if he would forgive her. Her life had suddenly grown a lot more complicated that she’d wished it to be.

She almost didn’t hear her brother’s last words as she gave up leaving and crept up to claim one of the chairs beside him. Drawing her legs up so she could wrap her arms around them she glanced over at DaVinci and frowned. She hadn’t thought of the fact that maybe he hadn’t wanted to know everything that he was privileged to know. She shook her head and gazed down at her grimy feet as she said softly. ”I bet you didn’t think to find yourself in this position for a long time.. did you?” DaVinci had never really told her of his status in Eire until they were aboard the ship. She wondered if he had ever mentioned it to anyone overseas. Her ears pinned back as a slight pout crossed her lips. She would have liked to know back then, not like he’d have really been given the chance to tell her all about it, with the tension between their pack and clan.. but she still would have liked to know.

Messages In This Thread