steppin' up the production line.
[html]

#words=508 yeah, after the pack thread now is a little further along we should Big Grin I figure this can be the last post or you can once more if you want?

A length of pipe fell to the ground with a dull thump and was promptly kicked aside as Anselm set up the next cut. Once Gabriel hinted at the Mansion's less than pristine condition, however, he paused in his work and turned around to gaze up at the "ancient" structure. He stood with his arms behind his head, each hand clutching one end of the saw and toying with it absently as he regarded the imperfections that betrayed the mansion's age. Admittedly he'd never paid it much mind before, taking for granted that it was obviously stable enough to inhabit; nonetheless, he could easily see what his cousin was driving at. Although far from dilapidated, some maintenance would do the old girl some good and then they'd get even more mileage out of her.

Not sure if I've got anything that specific, more on general carpentry 'n tools.. but they'd still be relevant. Most of those are down at my place in Halifax; next time I swing through there I'll bring 'em back, he explained. Guess the main problem is the roof; once too much water gets in things'll start to rot. I'm not so worried then about the technique as what materials we'd need... I'll have to do some research, 'n hopefully it'll be common stuff that we can find in a hardware store, he added. He'd spent some time on the roof of his garage and frankly, it reminded him of asphalt more than anything. It wasn't like tile and certainly not wood, at any rate; regardless, he had no idea how to go about procuring such a substance. At least they needn't worry about heating, cooling, plumbing, or electric!

Oughta be one hell of a job; you're right though, might as well address it before it becomes impossible, he concluded with a shrug before turning back to the task at hand. What was one more item on a to-do list a mile long? Once the greenhouse was in working order and things with the war died down, he could start work on his personal grow house and the Mansion repairs simultaneously. In his experience these sorts of things only became easier with time--by the end of all three projects, he'd be a guru. Subsequent upkeep would be less of an ordeal once they got the bigger details worked out, too.

It'll all come together, eh? Just gotta take it one step at a time, I guess, he mumbled, perhaps as much to himself as anyone. Well, we already made a good dent 'ere today, he said, this time with more conviction. Probably can wrap up within an hour, then I'll have to get Cass out 'n soon after that we'll be golden. Naturally it'd be easier said than done, but the greenhouse was an investment in the clan's future and Anselm derived great satisfaction out of contributing. Inferni had seen war so many times in the past and even if the greenhouse wasn't 100% useful this time around, they'd never be bumbling around last minute again.

<style>
.anselm-t5 p {padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.anselm-t5 b {color:#bd3d01; font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; }
.anselm-t5-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.anselm-t5 {background-color:#000000; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #3c2c01; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/tables/yellow.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#dc9200; width:420px; text-align:justify; line-height:13px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread