steppin' up the production line.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">
@&#&$Anselm's lip twitched visibly at the mention of Cotl's brother, not quite a snarl but still noticeable if only one were paying attention. Coupled with a rough snort of an exhale, it was clear where his thoughts on that idea lie. "That guy's about as straight as a goddamn river and queer as snow in June," he grumbled. For as much as he adored Cotl (in a highly platonic, friendly way, of course), he really wasn't too fond of the quirky man's incestuous gay sibling. Anselm had more or less avoided Hybrid after the Hydra's suggestion that they "go fuck" and he'd been intending to do the same with Marik after being blatantly ogled on the borders (not to mention watching the weirdo grope at his own brother).
@&#&$He hadn't even bothered to stick out the whole process, the situation was so bizarre--he felt compelled to leave halfway through. Anselm would begrudgingly tolerate the "bone smugglers," as it were, as their unnatural dealings largely did not affect him. As soon as they tried to get his dick shitty (for he certainly wouldn't be the one catching), however, all bets were off. "Bleck, thanks for the heads up, though," he said, indirectly conceding that they'd have to cooperate for the sake of Inferni. That didn't mean he intended to stay around and chat with the weird man for any length of time--even for business, their dealings would preferably be kept to five minutes, tops.
@&#&$"Haven't been down that way since this whole mess started," he admitted as he lie down some of the pipe, loosely fitting the joints together to form three quarters of a rectangle. He'd have to hammer them in the rest of the way, but he still wanted to figure out how he was going to anchor the damn thing first. There was an old hand pump in the back of the Mansion and a decent length of garden hose (which would certainly be useful for irrigation purposes later); he had half a mind to just fill the bottom of the frame with water to weigh it down. Supposing they ever wanted to move it for whatever reason, the water could simply be drained.
@&#&$"I reckon we have a sizeable enough crew that it wouldn't hurt to run down for a quick day trip here and there, but I haven't really seen the need. I installed a metal safe; keeps the scent in, weighs half a ton," he explained, completely unaware of just how accurate this statement really was. The only way he'd been able to move it in the first place was by employing an impromptu sleigh--and he hadn't even drug it more than half the distance himself. Now it sat in the back corner of his locked garage and he doubted anyone would disturb it. Even come summer when the plants were actively growing, he no longer had a reason to worry. "Met these two guys, they decided to take up residence nearby 'n keep an eye on the place in exchange for regular stipends.
@&#&$"Other 'n that, Rurik gave me instructions for home brewed alcohol, but go figure.. I'd have to negotiate with the Valley for some of the ingredients, and a lot of the rest are even harder to come by," he added as he worked. "Not so much concerned 'bout that as the poppies; I'd like to have a full yield next harvest, but that means I'd need to get started about now so I've got enough seeds in time for the real growing season," he shrugged a little, gesturing to one corner of the future greenhouse's footprint. "Figured it might be easiest to just rope off a section here for that now--I'd just be growing 'em for the sake of more plants, not to trade, and I guess when you get down to it they are legitimate painkillers," he finished with a small shrug as he left to fetch the hammer. He returned with it quickly and began to secure the pipes together, taking breaks in between the banging to listen for Gabriel's replies.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +685
[/html]

Messages In This Thread