steppin' up the production line.
[html]

WC: 321 GOD DAMN IT. -Had a reply for this but is doing too much at once and had to restart before she posted it.- >___o Reply take 2 = short. ;;

The worst would be the roof and the ventilation system. A simple rectangular prism would be ineffective as soon as they got any significant precipitation; the roof would cave under the weight. It would have to be constructed with an angle then--a task that seemed best left for the ground. Once it was all put together they could raise it up and secure it in place. The foundation was just as important, however, and while Gabriel hacked away at the pipe he went about securing the base in place. A small pocket knife, a bundle of rope, the mallet, and some loose railroad ties would help him accomplish this task.

By the time he was done Gabriel had made some decent progress; here he offered to step in. Yea, worse than it looks, eh? I can take over for awhile. Maybe you can secure the legs for the sides in place, just kinda wrestle 'em in. Eventually we'll lower the roof onto them and fix it all in place... we'll probably get the frame done within a couple days, he said, feeling rather confident about this. I'll need to find a ladder but I think there's one out front. After that it's mostly up to Cass to put in the heating and ventilation, but I managed to turn up this one book that might help us, he said.

Then we'll just wrap 'er up and she'll be good to go. There'll probably be a few headaches at first, but once this gets rollin' it won't be hard to keep up... We're lucky that hand pump is right here for irrigation... beyond that it'll mostly be a matter of keeping the stove going at all times, he explained. Firewood wasn't exactly hard to find and he figured someone might take an interest in the greenhouse's maintenance--even if nobody did, he could easily stop by once per day during his rounds.

<style>
.anselm-apocalypse p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.anselm-apocalypse b {color:#9D5A00; }
.anselm-apocalypse-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.anselm-apocalypse {background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:185px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/anselm2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread