This is my passion
[html]

OOC: :] Yay! You didn't specify a time of day, so I hope you don't mind that I did XP
EDITED, to take out the electricity + time XD

She'd returned late this afternoon, with two rabbits slung over her back and a tired shadow in the deep pools of her emerald eyes. The hotel had a different scent invading it's chambers, and the first thing Alaine had done was to check on her two children. Caillen, her son, was curled up in a fitful sleep beside his new companion, a scruffy little girl Alaine had plucked from the jaws of death a full moon ago. Hesitating in the doorway to their room a moment, the too-young mother let a soft smile grace her maw, before she shut the old wooden door softly and continued down the hall. There were sounds of scuffling in on of the unused rooms, and she peeked in on her way to the kitchen. A young man sat with his back to her, bent over something. The cream collie-girl hesitated a moment, but decided to let the new inhabitant to his own and continued onwards.

The tiles in the kitchen were cracking, but their pearly hue was still welcoming. What little light filtered through stained windows was weak, so the healer fumbled to light an old wicker candle. Soft light bathed the room, highlighting a worn bench and some cooking implements she had managed to scrounge in the past few weeks, since her arrival in the Cour des Miracles pack. Though food was often eaten raw, Alaine found that she preferred it cooked, even if crudely. Besides, much less went to waste when one prepared a meal properly. Scattering a few herbs, the young woman lit the cooking-fire and let out sigh of pleasure as it battled back the icy edge to the air.

She set about working, removing the heads of the rabbits with her claws and teeth, hanging them over a sink to let the blood ooze into a bucket before cleansing the red liquid from herself. Just as she began to prepare a salt preservative to treat the meat, a loud thump echoed through the hall. Head jolted up, eyes narrowing in suspicion as she wiped her clawed palms on the front of the soft green garment she wore, and took a step towards the doorway.

The step quickly became a hasty jog as a mournful howl rose from the room, as both slender brows rose in a mixture of concern and curiosity. What on earth was going on?

" Please, sir, you'll wake the chil-"

The young woman paused like a doe in the doorway, wide inverted eyes of soft jade and piercing emerald drinking in the scene in faltering silence. The young man she'd observed before was now reclining aside the window, his head tilted back in a groan, one foot glittering with long silver objects she recognized instantaneously as needles. He had a shock of bright red hair, outshining even her own unruly auburn curls. Her chocked expression drew into one of confusion as she noted the clothing spread out about him, the reels of thread... And then, one ivory hand flitted up to her maw to stifle a soft giggle, round eyes suddenly warming as she realized what had probably happened.

Disguising the laugh with a soft sound of concern, the young lady slipped forwards to hover over the slouched figure. Her healing mind winced at the wells of blood that had began to bubble about the pricks in his footpaws; Though not a grievous wound, it must surely have hurt a tonne!

" Sir? Are you alright?" The question was offered more just to check if he had any other wounds, not to merely ask of the obvious, and she continued haltingly, " I... I'm a healer, not to fret. I can have these out of your foot in a jiffy, if you'll hold still."

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread