This is my passion
[html]

OOC: Edited my last post XD <3

He really was a sight for sore eyes, openly weeping like that, clutching at his foot as if it would surely fall off. Though the tickle of laughter stirred in her throat again, Alaine silenced it with professional ease, her own soft jade eyes checking his face for any signs of shock. That was more dangerous than the current situation - She didn't want an unconscious unknown male, bleeding about on her floor. Thankfully, when his eyes lifted to hers the pupils were dilated, and the connection of his gaze was strong. At the stranger's words, she shrugged at the offhand sarcasm, before stepping forward and crouching down to observe the wound.

" I wouldn't make jest of it, Sir. I've seen how fast some sorts can hop."

She smiled at him brightly, emerald eyes peering up at the young man's face from beneath their curtain of lashes, before she set back to observing the wound. He held it up high, and her soft, cool fingers gently began to pry his away, such that he might lie the leg straight on the ground. She then sat crosslegged, taking his poorly footpaw in her lap to keep it slightly elevated. When the poor sod introduced himself, she glance up again, and managed another calm smile.

" It is a pleasure to meet you, Strel, though perhaps might have been more so under different circumstances," Her accented tone remained light and friendly, as she didn't want him tensing up or starting to stress now, " I'm Alaine Winters, though nobody much remembers my surname."

The old shirt she'd been wearing was now stained with his blood, too, and the young woman huffed softly under her breath. It was an old, ratty thing, anyway. Grabbing it firmly within both paws, she bit as a corner of the material until it ripped, and then tore of a neat strip of fabric from the already ruined garment. She folded it into a neat pad, and placed that beside her on the floor. Emerald eyes flitted up and she offered Strel a pretty smile, hoping to keep him talking and distracted... She was going to have to remove the pins individually.

" So, Strel, why don't you tell me a little about yourself? You smell of the pack, so surely you are a member... What were you doing in here, anyway? I'm about to pull these out of your foot, just stay relaxed. Were you sewing? My mother used to sew. On the count of three, now... One, two,"

Her words became a stream of lyrical questions, aimed to rib his mind of it's concentration on his wounds. It was clear from her musical accent that Alaine was not from these parts, and the cream collie-woman spoke the common language as a second one. She did not wait till the count of three to remove the first pin, but rather tugged it sharply on two, feeling the muscle in his foot relent as the small object slid free of it's bloody sheath. Quickly, she grabbed the pad of material to stem the small flow of blood, wincing as she knew of the pain that must have come.

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread