Cry over spilled milk
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby:
Word count: 468. Worth 2 points

Hanna followed after Strel, carrying Désirée and her satchel. Cian roamed behind somewhere, unseen even to her eyes, but she knew he was present. The tiger was likely keeping an eye on Desi, who he seemed to have taken a shine to. Hanna did not question his love for the child. Instead she accepted his watchful sapphire eyes as one more set to keep the girl safe. Doubtless someday Désirée would get tired of his keen feline eyes, always three steps behind her. Unless he kept himself hidden from her. Hanna did not know whether he would do so or not, not with her daughter.

That did not matter just then, though. They were nearing the building she had stopped before when she had come to tell Jacquez that she was expecting. This amused her greatly, but she did not say so to Strel. Instead she paused, if only momentarily, to gaze upon the almost romantic sight of candles being lit within before following her host into the building, then said, Still, it is nice to know there are still those who would invite a person into shelter instead of just leaving them out. Not all would, unfortunately.

She did as the man suggested and moved off to the right into the living area, sat Désirée on the floor and watched as the young one took off on an exploration of the room’s corners. Hanna herself peered around the room, taking in the fireplace, the couch that looked like it needed some repair work done to it, and the pile of bedding material. It smacked of comfort, and Hanna felt relaxed in the room for all it was not her home. Sure, I'll start a fire if you'll hand me some wood. The tinder will light quickly, though. Hanna removed her old medicine bag from her satchel and took the tinder and flint from it, and knelt next to the fireplace. She unsheathed one of her knives, struck the flint against it several times and was pleased to see the little line of smoke rising from the tinder. She glanced up at his offer of a drink, then looked at Desi. I'll take you up on that, once the little one's asleep.

Leaving the rest of the firemaking to her host, Hanna scooped up her daughter and held her to her, letting her suckle. Inside of fifteen minutes, the child was asleep, her day of travel and adventuring caught up with her. The mother cast around the room for the best place to lay her daughter, and decided on the couch. Desi didn't move around much once she was asleep, so Hanna was confident in her choice. Then she sat on the floor and relaxed against the wall. Okay, now she's asleep a drink would not go amiss.

Speak, think, act,
Desi talks, Desi thinks

[/html]

Messages In This Thread