You find out who your friends are
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
wc: 377 // lol, that would be cool! I think he likes to be in the buff, though. |D

Ruri giggled, her laughter a high, silvery sound. Happiness seemed to radiate from her honest face, and it pleased Jacquez to see that he still meant as much as he used to. He knew nothing of expanding the circle of one's affection, of finding new niches to love people; his greatest fear was being replaced, and it was a relief to see that for the time being, he still mattered. Despite being the high and mighty king, it was the little blind girl's approval that mattered the most.

"Ah oui, you're turning into a little arctic wolf, I see," Jacquez drawled, patting her fur teasingly. "Get any fluffier, and you'll be mistaken for a sheep!" His arm guided her to sit on the cushions they had strewn before the fireplace, settling deftly beside her. "Mais petite, therein lies the problem! I cannot venture outside to find clothing to wear outside, it is a paradox! I shall simply await the return of hospitable weather and civilization." His tail flicked playfully against the cool floor as he resting his chin lightly atop her silken hair.

Jacquez inhaled deeply and frowned disapprovingly, black eyes narrowed to slits. "You smell like him," he muttered. It had been pleasant pretending that Heath was still outcast, even though it had been Ruri's first act as Dauphine to reinstate him. Firefly... Whenever Jac felt a foul mood coming on, Firefly had found a way to distract him from it, in an effort to keep her blind friend happily oblivious. But the simple truth was here, in plain sight. Ruri was living with him, raising vermin on his bequest, sharing a bed with him... Ruri had found herself a mate.

A faint growl rumbled in his chest, as his jaw clenched. Was it really alright to allow this to go on? Firefly had fought him tooth and nail to get him to stop interfering with the relationship, but how much was enough? That two-faced good-for-nothing was going to get her knocked up, and if he found evidence that the worthless mongrel laid his hands on her, he would knock every tooth out of his skull and make him swallow them, for starters. Surely the pack would understand - Ruri could not be allowed to change.

Table by Sara-joe!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread