You find out who your friends are
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 427

Jacquez laughed aloud, his booming voice echoing in the mostly empty house. "It would be charming, petite Ruri, to see you as a little sheep, but no! You are not a mouton, they have little hooves like deer, and eat grass, and your face is much prettier." He shook his head, still chuckling at her sensitivity. Collies were sheepdogs, but that did not mean they looked like sheep! "And of course I do not want to go outside in this weather. It is ridiculous. Who would?" He pondered wearing a blanket as "some sort of goofy robe", but eventually decided against it because his feet would still perish. Boots were what he intended to ask Firefly for, but she kept leaving the house lately as though she were avoiding him...

Jacquez's face twisted into a bitter smile, a sneer that Ruri would never see but would surely not recognize if she could. "There is a difference between males and females, petite, men are proud of their... conquests. Women tend to regret them later. I... would not have you regret anything." "I never mentioned it because you're my friend and it didn't matter what you were doing." Was that true? He should let her ruin her life because friends did not interfere? They were more than just friends, though, weren't they...? His tone was stiff, almost a forced apology as his footpaw tapped impatiently against the floor. The awkward silence was deafening to him, a man whose actions spoke louder than words. Him and Firefly, it was nothing permanent. No one was ever permanent to him. No one but her, and she was different from everyone, she saw the world in a unique and innocent way because she could not physically see it at all. His hand rested lightly on her slim shoulder, reassured that she still felt the same. Wordlessly, he leaned over, pressing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

His possessive mood began to relax, his tail stirring once again against the cool floor behind them. She was here and she was his for now. He should enjoy the ray of light that she brought to him, in this bleak season of snow and ice. "A song would be wonderful," he rumbled, dark eyes lingering fondly on her enthusiastic expression. She had been just as excitable and proud as a little pup, once she had learned that she could do something useful. "We've got all day together. You should choose some of your favorites." He rubbed her shoulder encouragingly, eager to hear her soaring nightingale voice.

Table by Sara-joe!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread