baby, it's cold outside
[html]
wc: 342 // ooc: aw, I kept you waiting longer before. ;P also, even I want to slap Jac! mon dieu!

In his defense, flimsy as it was, Jacquez honestly believed the words he said. Females got all worked up over nothing! It really was their purpose in life to whelp things, wasn't it? From birth, they were weaker in frame and in soul, requiring men to protect and look out for them. Sure, they didn't like to be told so, but a purpose is a purpose. There were exceptions to the rule, but even those ladies contradicted themselves -- Kaena Lykoi, Finn Fidh, and Firefly Sadira, all of whom had some measure of respect in the king's convoluted mind, but all of whom had wasted some of their lives rearing un-noteworthy children. This young lady was positively shaking with fury, her eyes burning slits of silent rage, and yet she still knew not to lay hand on him -- what a good girl.

Then he let his "secret" slip, and if his hand had been a red-hot poker, she would not have pulled away any faster. He chuckled darkly, sadistically amused by her growing horror. He was capricious, yes, but she was interesting enough to keep around. He wasn't about to banish a pretty young thing like her. Heath, on the other hand, Jacquez was simply waiting to catch him making a mistake -- but his harem was welcome to insult him all they wanted, since a woman's opinion would affect nothing.

The single mother's voice grew faint, almost begging him to rescind his introduction before she wilted. The spirit fled her wearied body, and what was left of the passionate female was now little more than a servant. Jacquez's teasing expression twisted into a pout, disappointed that she had given up. "Merci beaucoup, mademoiselle," he lilted flawlessly, dark eyes peering intrusively into her glittering gaze. "You will eat alongside me, will you not? I don't look forward to venturing out of doors again, perhaps you could keep me company..." A smile tugged at his lips, knowing that was probably the last thing she would want, but she couldn't really say no.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread