we're going to have a strange life.
[html]

Word Count: 343 -ultrafail.- ):

She froze in her steps and time did, too. Anselm was having trouble gauging her reaction and briefly, he wondered if the display was too over the top--he had wanted it to be impressive, but if his advances were unwanted the extravagance would simply be awkward. Despite his doubts he stuck near her side; while she seemed somewhat confused, she did not seem offended or apprehensive. He inhaled slowly and collected his thoughts before responding. Alacrity, I promised you refuge here but I feel the war is working against me. I want you to be safe, he said, choosing his words carefully, even if that just means having the chance to run.

He moved toward the boulder and glanced at her expectantly; if she cared to try them on he would help her as best as he could. I had these custom made; this way you won't need to be holed up underground all of the time, either, he added, his dark-tipped tail swaying lightly. Perhaps he risked losing her this way; what if she used her new-found freedom to run away and never look back? He supposed he wouldn't blame her--surely there were far less wretched places in the world to live. She was a free spirit; she'd roamed across entire continents and oceans... was he being silly thinking she might be happy to stay here with him at all?

Some risks and sacrifices in life were worth taking. I've never met anyone quite like you before, he murmured softly, gaze drifting off to the left like a little boy who was being confronted by a girl he liked after dropping a fake spider in her hair. He half-expected Gabriel to materialise from behind the boulder, laughing his ass off at the golden hybrid's blundering attempts at romance. Emotions and matters of the heart were decidedly not his strong suite. I... I, uh, just want you to be happy, he concluded lamely with a shy smile. Do you like them? he wondered at last, finally finding the courage to ask her thoughts.

<style>
.anselm-apocalypse p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.anselm-apocalypse b {color:#9D5A00; }
.anselm-apocalypse-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.anselm-apocalypse {background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:185px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/anselm2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread