volcano choir
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /cort1.png) no-repeat top center; font: 12px/16px georgia; color: #000000; text-align: justify;">

Then there was the touch and a spark that manifested as something more than just the nip of the wind. Her mother was no ghost, not conjured apparition that she would find in the deepest and most darkest parts of her mind brought on either mentally or chemically; her mother was very bit as veritable as the lush forests that began somewhere behind them both. Her words were something of a paraphrased quote that she once recalled Ahren saying to her (or had it been more than once? It would not have been surprising if that were the case.) and they no longer invoked a strong feeling in her. When she had been younger, those words had drawn the hope right out of her but over time it had been bled dry. It wasn't to say that she wasn't hopeful, but in the sense that things could have been like the faulty camera lens of her mind's eye, it was absent. It was true — she absolutely was an adult.

“What's done is done,” Corona said, idly trying to recall if she had told him that too. They all could have done better, she supposed, but had long stopped dwelling on it. Whatever happened, happened, and the only thing she had yet to come to terms with entirely was the fact that dead was dead. Even though it had been literal months since his absence, she still felt like she would stumble across him. Seeing him was just as easy as visiting, but she never made it that far. Then some days, it was clear as crystal and didn't matter at all. But she was able to focus on what was there, what was directly in the present and with that she pulled her gaze away from Andrezej's grave and settled it on the shapely, scarred features of her mother. Up close, she looked much worse for the wear, much older than the gold-furred Lykoi remembered, but at least she still looked like her mother from memory.

And it was hard to say when it was that she truly remembered seeing her. The most distinct memory that came up when she had braved attack to find her in Chimera, but maybe they had met after that. She couldn't remember and in all honesty, the bond that should have been there between them was unsurprisingly absent. Corona no longer felt the same attachment to her mother as she had once before, so perhaps it was for that reason that she found her words to be idle. “It's been a while,” she said after a pause, letting out a breath into the cool Canadian air. “I'd ask how you've been, but I can see you've had a rough few years since I last saw you.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread