the mouths are choking
[html]

OOC: SSWM - 362

Jedidiah had seen wolves and coyotes in the garb of humans before and he was not sure what to make of it. On the one hand, he had never needed anything more than what God had given him as fur, but on the other, he had learned how to read and he knew basic medicine, didn't he? And God certainly never spoke of coyotes walking on two feet and speaking with the tongues of men. It was challenging on a man's faith to simply compare themselves to humans, because it was obvious that no matter what they did, the four-legged ones would never be humans. Still, it was always interesting to see how they adapted and clothing was something which fascinated Jedidiah in particular. The way they adapted holes in trousers and hats, the way they made sure everything fitted well on a frame it wasn't designed for... it all spoke of internal creativity and something which God had blessed them with.

He had hoped that one who bore the signs of travel would be well acquainted with Gabriel. However, it seemed that he was in for a disappointment. Had God wanted him to? Jedidiah assumed that this was the will of the Lord, for why else should he be tested? He was being tested to show patience, willpower and discipline. And he would show it to the Lord no matter what. Dipping his head slightly, as if in prayer, he tried to think of what to do next. He wanted to find out as much as he could. Even in ignorance, he could find gems of truth. He wondered how this hybrid felt about God. Did he, too, follow the Word of the Maker? I see. Well, brother, God works in mysterious ways. Perhaps you are not the one to show me the way, but I am grateful that the Lord has brought you into my path. Tell me, oh, brother, do you also follow the Maker? Do you pray for salvation of your soul or do you live in wilful ignorance? He spoke softly, knowing his words were harsh. Jedediah wanted to save the souls of others, not alienate them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread