ice age heat wave
[html]
Mind wrapping this up? I'm trying to close up all old topics quickly. Big Grin Actually, I'm going to draw a fade to black here? I apologize if this is no good for you, but I'll surely have another thread, if you wish. Just wanting to close all my old threads.

The trouble between Ari and literate didn't even stop at the fact that he had never been taught — the thoroughly thought that he wasn't capable. The few elite in his old home that could read were the best and brightest of their group, and he, as he had been taught and chastised, wasn't. His artistic talent had often been ridiculed as a lower form of communication, and which was just perfect for him. Regardless, a book with pictures in it would be something he would like to see. Having never really looked in a book, he didn't even know pictures could go in them. So, with his blue eyes slightly wide at the idea, he nodded. Her words continued to deposit bits and pieces of knowledge in his brain that he could hardly hold onto — the thought of a human city made him say, somewhat in awe, T-There's a human city here? A strange mixture of fear and overwhelming curiosity beset him. He had heard very little of humans at home, but what he had made him very curious indeed. He might have to visit this city some day, if he had the time.

He shifted once more and stood, ready to follow her to where she said was red clay. Red clay! He had no idea the earth could change its colors. Sure, the rocks and plants could change their hues, but he had never seen earth of a differing color from brown at home. Biting down on comments and questions that would probably make him feel and look like an idiot, he followed her dutifully, and would perhaps do so as she led and taught him of the different colors that would add a third dimension to his once-rudimentary artistry.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread