Thieves and Their Hands
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... rmati2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
oh thanks, & your almost there!! (stalks, a lot) Big Grin

Mati was left with the wall, alone, for a brief moment. Purple eyes looked over it, a few feet away so that the entire length was in view. Alone in the silence she sought out the voice that might just call from the enlarged canvas. She needed it to speak to her, as everything she created always did. At what time it might was always different, many times it was in the midst of the creating process, others not till the end. It was a soft voice, a tickling of her heart and calmed any nerves that might have been feeling. It told her not to worry, or it told her to keep moving forward. The voice wasn’t always the same. At times it was her teacher, others her own. Her mothers spoke to her, her pack mates, her alpha. And some times it was a voice she had never heard before calling her to not give up or asking, demanding, pleading for her to put pencil to paper or brush to canvas.

She heard no voice, the blank wall asked for nothing. It simply didn’t know what it wanted, or expected from the young woman.

Her thoughts were broken as he approached, sheets in hand and moving the furniture. Mati grabbed hold of the corners of the sheets, helping him cover the furniture. She knew that the paint might get out of control, dripping everywhere. She was not the neatest painter as her own floors were splattered and furniture dotted with drops and decorated with fingerprints. “Definitely, unless you want it to look like mine. I gave up on coverings a long time ago.” Mati spoke with a smile and a small laugh that hid among the words.

Turning back to the wall she cocked an ear towards the redhead, answering him as she went to the bucket that she had brought. “I’ll sketch it out,” Mati began as she pulled a piece of chalk from the pack as well as a heavy piece of paper from the bucket. “loosely.” Returning to stand before it Mati saw the composition that had been brewing in her mind for ages, and had finally come to true concrete form just days before. The picture was of a city that vaguely drifted into a beach, no details, no colors. Eyes lifted, looking at the door. “Yes,” she agreed, thinking of the composition that would flow onto it. “Will you mix the darker blue, and the red? While I sketch out the buildings first. The sky will need to go in first, and then the buildings, and then the plants and forest on top of that.” She pictured a dark sky around the edges of the wall, deep with blue and purple, turning into the light of day that surrounded the city and the nature that battled against it. “White, too.” She requested. ”Just mix them with one of the painters sticks.” She explained as she put the chalk to the wall and started.

by Gen
[/html]

Messages In This Thread