it only takes a minute
[html]

ooc-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the wolf went back over to her previous spot on the other side of the borders, Cassius studied the bow more closely. It was quite old, chipped in most places and rotted of age. The string was no worry, but any snapped or shattered pieces might prove more of a challenge for the mechanic. He picked at some dirt and mud in one of the many cracks in the main body of the contraption. It was fascinating to him, for sure, but it wasn't extraordinary. He'd seen even more complex objects, much like engines whether of a car or boat. He took a boat up here albeit a very slow one, hence the amount of time it took for him to travel the whole way. He got it to work by himself, using his tools and some mechanic's books. It seemed like a feat to almost everyone, but to him it was a like a simple task like walking.

When the female came back with a wheel-like object, he knew she had found the right piece. However, it was broken and chipped like the bow itself. He cleared his throat to speak. "Well, although it is broken, he started, picking up the part from the female's hand, juggling it in his own, "It can be fixed. It's nothin' a little glue can't fix up." He dug into his right flannel pocket, taking out a small vial with capped nozzle. On the faded label it read: "SOOPER-GLU", with intentionally misspelled words. Cassius had found the vial (along with a box full of others) in an empty store in New Orleans with a broken sign that read "Hm Dpot" above the transparent door (the name unknown to him was "plexiglas door"), which were shattered most likely due to other scavengers.

Cassius proceeded to pop the top off the vial and carefully squeeze out a semi-opaque liquid onto the gear, spreading it over the areas where the pieces fit. He then pressed the pieces together with a strong force, scarping the leftover glue from the sides. He looked at the wolf, with the gear still in hand. "I -uh- I'm gonna need to keep it like this fer a few minutes. D'you mind if we go back to the mansion? It's not far, and I can clean this here bow up while this dries," he said politely, pointing in the direction of the D'Neville Mansion. "You won't get in any troubles if yer w'me." He closed the glue clumsily, with his one free hand, and placed it neatly back in the pocket. "Yer horse an' birdie can come too. We got stables fer the horse an' stuff so they'll be safe." He turned away, but quickly turned back to the wolf. "M'name's Cassius, by the way. Or Cass fer short," he added with a chuckle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 400+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread