i know you'll look for me one day
[html]
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gwyq7l.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 165px; text-align: justify;">

He knew that he had upset her—it was very obvious on her beautiful face. But she did not speak, and he did not know how to interpret it. He would rather not assume and make a mistake, so he did not ask. She would not have to worry about him leaving, however; his duty was to her, and he would never leave her behind for himself. There was so little left in the world to live for besides her, especially in this strange world where nothing seemed familiar or comforting. His gaze softened as she turned a half-smile towards him, though he knew it was for his benefit and not for her own. They would talk about this later; perhaps now was not the best of times.

She made an excuse and flitted out of the room, going towards the hallway. He remained in the bedroom, looking about and seeing what he would be able to fix. He would need tools, and they would go to the city to get them. Yes, the next few weeks—perhaps months—of fixing this house were very easy to see in his mind. Perhaps things were quieting down. He would talk with Sonja later; for now, there was some thinking to do. He wandered to the window and peered outside, thoughts turning in his head as he looked without seeing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread