behind her was a vision
[html]

Word Count: 344 i'm sure sage will not mind XD. i need more time in my life to post so i don't give you crazy delays like this. D:

In Character

Kaena reacted surprisingly to Sage's announcement of her father's name. She came closer, studied the fidgeting child, then.. laughed! The child blinked owlishly, trying to understand. At first she bristled slightly, thinking that she was making fun of her name, but when the older woman continued speaking she calmed down and even broke into a grin. She liked the idea of being a princess Lykoi, and now on top of it she seemed to have acquired a grandmother somehow. Razekiel's mother. He must have left home for the same reason Sage did - to trace down a missing parent. Puzzle pieces clicked into place, and she was proud of her ability to figure things out, to discover secret things she hadn't been told by examining the things that she knew.

"You are Daddy's Mommy?" Sage queried, desiring confirmation for the definition of grandmother. "Are there other family here, too?" Excitement crept into her tone. Maybe there was more here for her than she initially expected. Family! People related to her, people with her blood in their veins, people that shared the Lykoi name. It was as if her world had exploded with possibilities. Lykoi had been a word tied to such a small subset of people: Daddy and then her sisters and brother. But now.. It was baffling. Her straw colored eyes surely reflected the wonder she felt at this news. "Inferni is a pack, like Juniper Peace?" Sage tilted her head, trying to get a real grasp on her new situation.

Idleness tickled her paws, and so she moved them, pushing forward to examine closely this new canine who now belonged to her in part. Sage hadn't grown up with much of a concept of personal space, but especially if Kaena was her grandmother, then it was okay for her to nose the older female's fur and curiously study some of the scars that were within reach. "What does the word 'Kaena' mean?" She persisted with her barrage of questions. Names were always words that meant things, but she'd never encountered this word before.

<style>
.river-A01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.river-A01 b {color:#2768A9;}
.river-A01-separator {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; margin:0px 0px 2px 0px; color:#2768A9; padding-right:20px;}
.river-A01-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.river-A01 {background-color:#D0D8E0; padding:10px 0px 183px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... etable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; } </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread