Trouble's Brewing
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

She hadn’t expected a pep talk, or for the Patriarch to take her seriously for that matter. Their dispositions toward each other was anything but friendly, and yet she had sought him out in desperation, for who else was there to turn to when she felt like this? A true loner amongst a clan… And yet, she had ostracized herself, kept the others at a distance in the hopes of maintaining some part of who she had made herself to be. But what had it served her in the end but this unhappiness and gaping longing that expanded with each passing day.

Zynex was stunned to silence for a moment, unable to register what was spoken by her Alpha, and possible sympathizer. A Pack was just a word and they both knew this. Nothing but a band of wolves seeking solace and comfort with each other. Having experienced such a life, she could see it clearly, but was surprised to know that Jefferson had some inkling of the same. He deeded himself a loner, and she had no difficulty believing this fact. He was a difficult breed to understand, a commonality they shared. But amongst the dreamers, as it was so eloquently phrased, he had amounted to a respectable standing. Perhaps a model to be looked upon…

Was that not the position the Alpha was supposed to take?

“I’ll spare you the pain of having to tell me,” she growled softly, her voice still strained with distress but sound above the crackle of the fireplace. Her slender ears curled along her skull as they fell. “Unless there is another time to tell me.” Her interest could not be withheld. She needed to know that at least another shared her circumstance and was able to overcome it to an extent. The fallen receptors flicked forward again but only slightly. Still weighed by hesitance she only exhibited that she still listened to his words. His question disturbed her slightly. She hadn’t thought about what she wanted from the pack…only that shelter was needed to preserve her life. Her intentions for lingering were just to fulfill some kind of duty, not make a life or fill some greater purpose. She could care less of the others and what they thought of her…and yet she was trying to acquaint herself. But for what reason?

“I don’t want them to come to me,” she confessed. “Nor…do I want to go to them. I don’t want to feel that I need them. But…I don’t want to be on the outskirts any longer. I have been alone since my exile and have grown used to it…but I want acceptance. But…” The tip of her tail danced erratically. “…I don’t think it’s this pack’s acceptance that I’m wanting…I don’t know..”

Words: 462

I'm thinking about something... Be quiet when I talk. I'm just wandering
[/html]

Messages In This Thread