Trouble's Brewing
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

She would have been troubled to admit that this conversation what was she needed. This talk with another, not as superior and subordinate, but as equal creatures hearing the other without bias. Her ears continued the dance of intrigue, twitching to and fro at the Patriarch’s change in octave and tone. Each syllable adhered to her memory as she found herself enthralled with his circumstance.

Without having seen the tattered male in his past life, she could understand the struggle endured having been in the situation herself. And she could more than relate to his initial demeanor in coming to this pack. Though she hadn’t snapped at others, she had distanced herself…speaking only when needed, offering her assistance as hunter and that alone. To socialize seemed a waste, though against her better judgment, she had tried…and further distanced herself. She did not have a ‘friend’ to bring her from her rut. A crush perhaps, but the distance between herself and the braided-maned Chief made it difficult to see, let alone express her interest. In addition, the male’s status within his pack discouraged any sort of pursuit…and Zynex was not the type to gallivant on the wings of hope that fate would turn in her favor.

Yet it had, in one form or another.

A silver eye turned toward her leader then just as quickly veered into the hearth of the fire. Fate had favored her in this encounter, hadn’t it? Hadn’t it been kind to grant her this unusually pleasurable audience with her leader? Or could she pass this on to luck? Regardless…there was something to be said about this. But it was for another to time ponder on. Her mind digressed to the present, ears erect once more as Jefferson paused in his tale then directed its flow toward her.

“No…I never told,” she recalled quietly, sighing as if the very thought of the tale burdened her. “I came from the far North from nobility. My family was…is under matriarchal rule, so the word of the female was never ignored and all of regal blood held influence. My mother was named Duchess…I knew nothing about my sire. My sister Nahrus and I were never told about him by the elders. Since my sister and I were of a dying bloodline, it was essential that we breed and continue to line, but our obligation to the pack changed when our Queen became ill.” Zyn continued to stare distantly into the flames, recollecting all as if narrating the scenes as they transpired.

“On her passing, she named the off-spring of our mother to be the next ruler…but since it was me and my sister, there couldn’t be two rulers. We were pitted against each other since we could stand, forced to treat the other as competition. It was drilled that one day either of us would carry the weight of the pack as well as our bloodline on our shoulders…weakness, instability was not acceptable. To make it simple, I took the advantage…until my sister learned to stand on two legs. We were in a spar and she ascended and took me by surprise. The pack looked to her as the ideal ruler and let her take rule on her second year. Her first proclamation was to run me from the territory. Members…even my own mother whom I loved chased me from the mountains. Even after I cleared the ice, they still hunted me warning me never to return…because my sister claimed I wasn’t welcome. I didn’t know what else to do, so…I wandered until I came here. Literally…this was the first real pack I had come across in my years alone. I was…I was tired of wandering aimlessly. And even in the Valley, I feel as if I’m still doing just that.”

Words: 631

I'm thinking about something... Be quiet when I talk. I'm just wandering
[/html]

Messages In This Thread