Long Way Off
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

There would be no doubt now that Zyn craved adventure. And in her mind, she was the true Wanderer, leaving behind a home in search of what new things lie beyond the Valley borders. But, let one not make the mistake of calling her deserter, for by no means was she. There was simply a hole in her being that the Valley could not fill, but the open lands seemed to do just fine. It was a rush of never ending excitement to venture to parts unknown, see new lands and absorb what she could, whether good or bad.

It was however, not the smartest idea on part of the female to tread so far in the middle of winter. Yes, she had lived in the frigid terrain, learned to find warmth when there seemed to be none, but she had not done so for so long. And there lied her dilemma. It had been nearly two weeks since her depart from the Valley, two weeks from her hole in the ground nice and warm and unaffected by the harsh elements. She was forced to live in the open for this spell, vulnerable to the bracing cold and near fatigue with her belly empty and her limbs straining to keep her moving. But her quest for the unknown would not falter under these petty difficulties, but they were bound to be the death of her. Realization only made her smile but still she scolded herself for her idiocy. She needed shelter fairly soon less she wanted to be one of the few stupid wolves left to freeze under a blanket of ice.

Despite the ache of her joints, she pressed on, determined to make a destination for herself, even if it was a small hole or something of the like. But as she crossed over sticks and stones, the barren land of ice suddenly peppered with resilient foliage, there was hope. In triumph she howled to the clear air and raced for the hills, their slopes carrying her as gravity took the burden of her weight from her worn pads and drew her along a subtly indented path. The air was unfamiliar here though the lupine scent was heavy. A minor clan, perhaps, seeking shelter in these free lands until the elements were more catering to travel in groups. It was a break for her, a fortuitous one at that, for in her eyes she saw the make of human structures constructed with brick and flat pieces of wood. Zynex cried again in relief, her four paws pounding the snow as she darted toward the growing buildings. Finally…a place to rest.

Words: 441

I'm thinking about something... Be quiet when I talk. I'm just wandering
[/html]

Messages In This Thread