in the dark of the night
[html]
Kol listened intently as Firefly explained what had happened. A low, irritated growl rumbled in the woman's chest, still angry with the attack regardless of the reason. Two against one was never fair odds, and Kol had no respect for those who would throw their weight around so. The Dahlian's eyes widened in shocked disbelief as her former packmate went so far as to say the pair knew full well she was pregnant. They knew, and yet they attacked anyway? The thought made the blood in her body boil, and her eyes darkened with anger. "I'm so sorry Firefly. Wolves like that disgust me, especially having lost a litter of my own. Dahlia is falling farther and farther into a sanctuary for the cruel, it seems." The words were spoken with regret and longing. There would be no going back to Kol's early days among Dahlia de Mai now, nor ever again it would seem.

Her anger subsiding, the black Dahlian tilted her head slightly at Firefly's mention of Anselm, and her following comments. "Actually, yes. Anselm and I had met before the first war. I didn't know him well then, but we purposely avoided each other during the encounters between the packs. I admit I was a little shocked when I first learned he belonged to Inferni, and no doubt he felt the same about my loyalties as well. Still, I'm fond of him, and I respect him, and there has got to be some way to avoid any more bloodshed between our packs. I don't know if he has any ideas, but it's worth a try." At the woman's mention of her sons, Kol rose from her seated position and risked drawing a bit closer. "Firefly, I really am sorry about the way things worked out. I haven't seen Emwe myself since I got back a few weeks ago, but I know Conor's doing well. I'm glad he still sees you, at least once in awhile." Silence hung in the air for a moment, before Kol decided to go on. "What did he tell you? Maybe I can give you a little more insight." The dark female offered Firefly a soft smile. The former Dahlian had been through more than Kol wished to think about, and her heart longed to help in some way, even if it were only a little.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread