in the dark of the night
[html]
Kol sighed softly as Firefly commented on Dahlia's seeming downfall. The black woman harbored no ill feelings toward her packmate, realizing now just what life as the current Rosen's mate must have been like. In Kol's mind, kidnapping her own children and leaving them with a stranger was going a bit too far, but who's to say what anyone else would do in a similar situation. It wasn't Kol's place to pass judgement.

The woman smiled a bit as Firefly came closer, the awkwardness that had hung in the air before dissipating somewhat. The revalation that a few members of Cour des Miracle had taken a personal interest in the Dahlian-Inferni conflict made Kol's head tilt. She could only hope that the fact that they weren't siding with Dahlia didn't mean they were siding instead with Inferni. If the hybrids could rally more allies and no peaceful resolution could be found, it could mean doom for Dahlia. The information was pushed to the back of her mind as Firefly went on.

The black woman could only nod her head in understanding as her companion explained her relationship with her son. It saddened Kol the way things had turned out between them, but there was nothing she could do about it herself. Family conflict was an entirely different ball game, and it was never an outsider's place to step in. All Kol could do was hope that someday old wounds could be mended.

Kol's violet eyes darkened a bit at Firefly's next choice of words. "Yes, I know it would be given to our enemy. That's why I would never tell Anselm anything about our defences, strategies, or anything else that could possibly endanger my packmates. All I want is a chance to find a solution without anyone else suffering." Her voice was rock hard as she spoke. She was sure in her heart that she was doing the right thing in trying. But as Firefly inquired about the missing leaders, Kol's posture slumped a bit as she sighed softly. "Cwmfen disappeared shortly before I returned from Solbjorg. I still don't know the full story behind her departure. Cercelee and Slay left just after Haku assumed the position of Rosen. I'm not sure how he managed to take over, to be honest. Though I think any of us who've been around awhile have our suspicions. Either way, I do know that no harm came to either Cer or Slay. I'm assuming they simply gave up on us. And though part of me is angry over that, another part of me refuses to actually blame them for it." That Dahlia was now led entirely by Haku alone Kol suspected was no secret. She had no qualms about letting a former packmate know of the fates of those she about whom she'd asked.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread