in the dark of the night
OOC: *drags self out of snow* One more post from each and wrap it up? Or do you wanna go on a little longer? Sorry for the delay hon! <333

[html]
A chill wind ruffled the black woman's coat as Firefly made her suggestion. In truth, it made sense. Kol had been on her way to a rendevous point to try to get a message to Anselm anyway. If Firefly held some sort of clout with the Inferni clan, it would make seeing him all that much easier. The more Kol mulled the idea over in her head, the more she became convinced that it would be the best way to talk to her Infernian ally without quite as much a risk to her life. After all, she was still a Dahlian, and they were at war. "If you could somehow arrange it, yes, I would trust you. I'd probably stand more of a chance trusting you in this instance than if I had simply tried to sneak in a meeting with Anselm by myself. I'm careful, but I'm not naive enough to believe I'm that good." A tired smile graced her lips with the self-teasing, though there was hardly anything at this point that could lighten the darkness that had begun to settle in the black woman's heart. She was so very tired of war. Between her homeland of Solbjorg and her chosen home in the lands of Souls, it seemed she would never escape its brutal grip.

Kol's expression remained passive as Firefly reacted to the news of Cercelee's departure with her mate, and Cwmfen's as well. The fiery woman's bitterness was more than obvious, and Kol understood that her anger and cynicism weren't directed at her. "No, he didn't give them a choice. He never does. I used to think I understood him to a degree, but that was a long time ago now. He's fallen completely to whatever darkness he harbors inside, and no one can pull him back. Unfortunately, he has enough mindless followers amongst us that those of us with any sanity left don't stand a chance at an outright challenge. I love my pack, my family; I would never abandon Dahlia, but this is madness. If we challenge him, we die. If we try to leave the pack, we die. I'm still surprised he hasn't pursued Coli. I'm assuming it's only because he doesn't want to add yet another pack to his growing list of enemies. He's insane, but far from stupid." As she spoke, Kol was keenly aware that her words were becoming ever more treasonous should a pack member overhear them. But there were different levels of betrayal, and the dark woman was committed to her belief that she was not actually betraying Dahlia herself, but only her madman of a leader. If she lost her life because of her words or her intent, at least she would do so honorably for what she believed was right.

Her violet eyes weary but determined, Kol focused again on Firefly's idea. "When and where did you want to meet?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread