by any other name
[html]

No worries. ^^ 529

When Levi had explained that Kaya was a simple definition of home, Asha glanced at Kaya thoughtfully and dipped her russet muzzle in a nod of acknowledgement to this. Sometimes the definitions behind some names didn't make particular sense, but perhaps there was a deeper meaning to Kaya than was known on the exterior. Nevertheless, Kaya in itself was still a pretty name to name a mare. Speaking of which, Levi was seemingly able to interpret some little gestures of the two equines, and pivoting her ears forward in interest to this, absorbed what Levi distinguished between the two. Well, of course there always had to be something wrong with Aidan! He was usually unruly most of the time, so it wasn't any surprise whether or not Aidan's gesture meant something that was either annoyed, antsy, or anxious.

Her amber gaze shifted over to Aidan, giving him a silent, seething warning. "I wouldn't be surprised. I've had him for a long time now, but still acts like a wild mustang half the time. At least Miss Kaya has mannerisms, unlike fussy hooves over here." She shook her head, but then proceeded to head over to remove the rope that tied him to the oak. Who liked to be tied up, anyway? Well, since Aidan held a new interest in Kaya, perhaps he wouldn't run off back home like first assumed now that he had another one of his kind around. "I'm letting you off the rope, only because I trust you won't run off home, and there are guests here. Be nice, Aidan." Asha chastised him lightly, before removing the rope completely so he could have his freedom. Giving a blowing snort, the long hairs of his tail swayed behind him as he then trotted a little closer to the mare before him, giving a neigh and nodding his head to her.

Smiling then, her attention turned back to Levi as his glance was mesmerized by the carvings that were embedded in the great oak before them. Noting how there was a particular emphasis by means of his sight when he looked back to her when he said beautiful, Asha could only smile and laugh lightly as she turned around herself to look at the carvings and explain their meaning. "This is what we call Adanvdo Tsusga, The Spirit Oak." She began lightly, then motioning her muzzle to the drawings before them. "The carvings are of Spirit Guides that tribe members have, and some of tribe members themselves, although the Spirit Guides are the most common." Asha had stole a glance of some notable tribe members of the past on the bark of the oak before continuing. "Whenever someone obtains a Spirit Guide, it is ritual to carve them into this tree. When a member dies, the Gola Watsi and close members of the deceased take the carving, burn it, and bury the ashes with the dead." Asha said. It might have sounded a little cryptic in a sense, but it was tradition around here. Walking closer to the oak, she motioned for Levi to come as well. "Come, take a look closer to see what I mean." Asha said, welcoming Levi closer to observe what she had been explaining.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread