thread title missing
[html]

Eesh, I forgot to post in the absence thread – my friend was here visiting for a while, and I couldn’t really get on.

What she said made sense to him… if he were, say, a lot less intelligent creature, and something horrible happened, he wouldn’t know how to react to a strange wolf trying to help. He found his mind wandering, but it had made him feel better. Kansas wondered how she understood so much – he even felt a little jealous. He told himself that this was why they were friends: so she could teach him. And he was finding out that he loved to learn.

He pulled away from inside himself, and gazed at the poor badger with a reeling mind. The creature was breathing shallowly; they’d probably have to work quickly. Naniko gave the little beast a sedative; a smart thing considering what she’d told him earlier.

He leaned forward, trying to look at the leg but feeling a bit afraid to. She did this before him, apologizing as she did so… why, he wasn’t sure. He couldn’t get over how useless he felt like this, and cursed himself for not having been able to shift with Phoenix. He nodded, and gingerly walked over beside her, where the trap held tight to the mangled leg. He saw the pin, immersed in blood and metal. “Oh…huh,” he breathed. “Maybe… get your nails under the top of the pin and… and pull it out?” If only he weren’t so stupid!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread