for blood and whiskey.
That's okay, his blah blah blahs are better than Corona's. XD
[html]

So he had children that had been here. Fantastic, but only thought and written with utmost sarcasm that resounded in Corona’s mind uneasily. She didn’t really understand the allure of everything, but she could hardly account or explain her own motives. He wasn’t from around here and she could reckon to bet that he knew exactly what kind of a place it was that they were standing at the shore of. But maybe there was something along the lines of good parenting to be found there too, seeing how he had brought his youngest children there for the experience. It was as if he may have unintentionally suggested to her that he was showing that the world was not all sunshine and flowers. Or maybe they were all so screwed up and turned around that they would like it more than civility and familiarity.

But she was taking the liberty of assuming his home was anything like that, and the thought was very quick to pass. So quick to pass that it hardly mattered; she listened idly, though not focused on him entirely any more. Instead she eyed the sea, the only notion of her attention left in a single turned ear. “I roam lot too,” she commented. “Just not when I’m here. This isn’t really a place for roaming around, but I’m sure you know that already.” But she wasn’t sure of the worth that was here. She had come back for Gabriel, because he was the only one left that had ever made her feel like she belonged.

“Who knows how long I’ll stay this time around, though. Sometimes I think it would be much better to go off to greener pastures, but I think I’ve been here too long to ever really enjoy those either,” she went on to say. Corona didn’t dare acknowledge the fact that she knew she wouldn’t enjoy them because she didn’t enjoy anything. Emotion was a fuzzy thing for her to grasp in the present, though she had always had a firm grip on it in the past. Now it was just easier not to care as much, not to engage someone else in anything, whether it was company or conversation, though she did it. Habits were habits; even she couldn’t quite shake the sociability out of herself entirely.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread