◦Character Name: Orin Takekuro
◦Character Birthdate: March 24, 2009

◦Wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus

◦Species: Tundra Wolf

◦Gender: Female

◦A secondary form of contact
AIM: OrinTakekuro
MSN: TessaTeardrop@hotmail.com
◦How you found 'Souls: Referred by Shannon!

----

Sorry, not all of my posts will be this lengthy, I just have a tenancy to go overboard on any character's first post! Also, since I am new, if at any point I mis-state something, just let me know so I can adjust my post. Bit of a learning curve!

WC: 681

It was just like in the books, just like every literary masterpiece had ever painted in her head. Mountains of blue... thick burbling foam hissing in the wake of each and every wave... the heavy scent of salted seawater... the oceanspray misting your face... Yes, sailing had been everything Orin had read about, only tenfold! It was infinitely more glorious, traveling by ship, being carried amidst the great monster that was the sea. It was thrilling to know that you could be gobbled up in an instant, that you were wholly at the mercy of the elements! And knowing that having gotten this far meant she and her companions had been permitted, blessed even, to have a safe and successful journey was a wondrous thought. To have the blessing of something as grandiose as the ocean... it was a feeling Orin feared she would never have the wit to form into words without losing the magnitude and grandeur of the sensation.

Yet never one to be dissuaded, the girl still tried to express her thoughts, even at this most inopportune moment. She struggled to keep her hand steady as the gesticulation of the small boat rocked her to and fro. She had already chronicled the rest of their journey, from the moment they left port she painted the words that could describe her first sight of open sea, to the terror of the first storm, to the serenity the day after. Now, with the beach in sight and having departed from the ship and crew that they had sailed with, Orin needed to punctuate her record with her last thoughts before stepping out of the dinghy and onto dry... she lifted her head to peer at the unforgiving clouds above... okay, not dry, but solid land - and the birth of their new adventure.

Her fingers raced against time and the elements. She sat hunched over trying to conceal her diary beneath the inadequate sheepskin cloak that was just as wet as the rest of her, in hopes to keep it safe. The open pages had already soaked up a litre of seawater, and the ink was beginning to bleed. It didn't matter though, so long as it remained legible enough for her to transcribe later. What was important to her was capturing her thoughts in the peak of the moment. Soon enough, though, the letters at the edge of the paper began to feather beyond recognition, and she resignedly closed her journal and fastened it with the leather thong.

Frustrated, she considered throwing the pen into the ocean to be washed away into oblivion, but suppressed the urge and tucked it into the small sack that carried the few items she considered important. With a sigh, her honeyed eyes turned to the form of her brother, the poor wolf who had followed Orin into this - her most brash of adventures - in hopes of keeping his foolhardy sister safe. "I'm so sick of the ocean. I'm sick of fish. I'm sick of being sick." Yes, despite the spectacular impression the sea had made upon the young girl, and how fantastic it had all been, nothing could have prepared her for the endless days of swaying, the infinite amount of fish they had to consume, or the toll that it would all take on her bravado. She looked at her hands, and wondered if she was turning green beneath her fur.

The beach was close, it wouldn't be long before they were there. She swallowed against the nausea, and soon the excitement made her forget it altogether. Eager, she scooted herself up to the front of the little rowboat and leaned over nearly a little too far. The chilly, angry waves of the midafternoon already tossed their little craft side to side, and she succeeded in throwing the boat around just a touch more. "Do you think that's it, Niro? Did they drop us off at the right place?" She turned to peer past her brother; the ship that had dropped them off had already been swallowed by the horizon.

<style type="text/css">
.orin-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#293412; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orin-a01{width:400px; background-color:#8F9674; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/orintable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D3F29; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread