Let's see how far we've come!
[html]

WC: 604 - And of course, glad to have you Shannon! Now you can watch first-hand what you started with your awesome suggestion about where/why these two came from. Big Grin

Her attention flittered to the fair-furred woman as she and her feline companion made their way over to their little gathering. She had not noticed her or her little friend until they were close, being entirely unused to the noise of the waves and not hearing their approach. Her grin didn't falter, and she offered a smaller but just as enthusiastic wave to the woman. "Pleasure to meet you, Firefly." The pair seemed friendly and hospitable enough, and at no point did Orin stop to consider if, since these were pack lands as Firefly indicated, maybe she and her brother were unwelcome trespassers.

She glanced back to her brother but her expression didn't falter despite the obvious look of wariness on his face. "Niro, I think we're right where we wanted to be!" It was delightful! They had started out with only a few meager details, and Orin had explained the vagaries of what she had read in the journal to the proper blend of sailors and topographers and by some grace of good luck they had ended up in - or very near - the place she had hoped to find. Yes, this snowy and stormy coast was quite the picture of the Northern lands she had read about in her studies.

Suddenly the thought of the diary danced through her mind just as she turned back to Jacquez for his introduction. In all her excitement, Orin had completely forgotten to pay attention to details about the two who had come to greet them. Whilst she was unfamiliar with the lady, her mind quickly patched together an image that was once painted into her imagination by words. As the King spoke her hand flew up to cover her mouth and barely contained a squeal of excitement; for here before her stood the man with fur the color of burnt autumn leaves, the bent ear, and, most notably, a singular albeit capable right arm.

"Oh my god!" She could not hold back the giggle the bubbled in her throat as she poked at her brother's shoulder, mouthing in a less than covert whisper, "It's him!"

"Jacquez Trouillefou," she repeated to the King, not fully understanding the words he spoke in French though his cadence still impressed the words upon her and likely had the desired effect. Before her stood the tangible embodiment of a dear piece of research, and the very reason she had dragged her brother from their terrible home in gang-ridden slums and into the journey north. This was the first time one of the chronicles Orin had read had actually been realized and she had met someone straight out of one of the true tales she had immersed herself in. And after all this time the story she had read in the old journal she came across had permeated, transforming the story into another larger-than-life thrill - and now it... he... stood before her.

"I know you!" She cried as she reached out a hand to touch his outstretched arm as though to ensure he was real. "I told Niro about you! Oh my god, I don't believe it." It seemed like the girl would start bouncing in place, though she somehow contained it. Her excitement, however, was less easily censored. "I read a book about you! You’re a hero, Jacquez Trouillefou, the grand leader and sailor who led his pack to a greater world!" Surely, by book she meant someone's daily log, and by about him she meant ‘with several mentions of him,’ but by now the story had percolated in Orin's imagination and formed a shape all its own.

<style type="text/css">
.orin-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#293412; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orin-a01{width:400px; background-color:#8F9674; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/orintable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D3F29; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread