old faces, new places
[html]

I think I forgot to reply to your PM, Shae, but I'll just keep posting and you can jump in at any time if you would like to keep posting? I don't mind at all :3 <3
Word Count: 532

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Dawali chuckled as Nayati asseverated that he was not always right. Certainly, when it came to discussions on hunting technique, or rather, anything to do with traps and hunts and weapons, Nayati was mostly right, for Dawali had other things on his mind. Just as Dawali knew more than his friend when it came to the duties of a priest and healer. And the red-furred male didn't doubt for a second that he knew more of his daughter than Dawali did, too, or at least differently. They had been friends since before they knew what friendship was, and he could tell that she was glad to see him, as he was to see her. It warmed him greatly, to have his friend back; it was like a family member returned to them. Now, all that was missing was Aiyanna, but naturally she had to stay behind. Someone had to watch over the tribe. "You should talk to my sub-leader, if you are curious; Ember. She has grown up in these lands and knows many things that I've never even considered." Speaking of her so easily, he suddenly realized he was praising her, and very nearly blushed. That had not been his intention; oh well. Nayati would certainly run into her at some point anyway, so now he knew some subjects to make small-talk with.

Dawali laughed loudly now, at the thought of fishing with the rod, using it as a spear. No, it was far less blunt than simply trying to stab the fish. In fact, it might just be a little too fine an art for him to be able to master. No wonder Ember mastered it; her spirit guide, even, was from the vast oceans. He wondered sometimes, if she wasn't lonely without her guide always by her side, but he always concluded that there was an amount of freedom in having to seek one's guide out, and not have him follow her, like Gvihita followed him. Almost as if she knew his thoughts, Gvihita turned her head and looked at him pointedly, and he felt that there was a scowl in that look, even though her eyes never changed and her face was unable to express such things. Arching an eyebrow at her for a second, he directed his attention at his friend again, smiling. He wasn't beyond seeing the humor in his own failure at mastering the art of the "fishing rod". "It's a strange technique, I'll tell you that. They attach a line to a pole with an advanced pulling mechanism, and bait on the end of the line. And then, they just wait until a fish bites, and pull them in." He paused. It all sounded so easy when he said it like that. "There is a certain way one has to pull the fish in, though. For one used to using a net, it is just a bit too refined, I think." He glanced at his daughter, and expected some playful comment. Still though, the whole ordeal annoyed him a little. To think that it was that hard to just... pull a fish ashore! "Also, I do not possess the patience," he said, smiling wryly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread