J-I got tired of waiting,
It didn't take much to figure out Gabriel was not pleased by DaVinci's appearance and briefly, Anselm was uncertain how to proceed. "He brought Ryan back," he said at last, simply and quietly. "I've got two more grandkids, Gabe," he said, the dark tip of his tail swaying twice behind him. "That little guy there is Romeo; Juliet is off with her mum. Zana's apparently doing alright, too, though she still has to attend to matters elsewhere," he explained, hoping the good news would help soften the edge.

Men always had the chance to go bad, he reckoned, but they also had the chance to do good. He was still oblivious as to what had transgressed in the past to make them tense up so, but above all else, he understood Inferni looked after their own. If the boy was willing to take care of his daughter and--in some sense--risk his life coming here to prove his loyalty to her, he thought the young man should be given a chance. Anselm anticipated no real problems; even if DaVinci had raised some hell as a boy he seemed alright now.

Ryan had chosen her heart over his home before and he had never been able to fault her for this decision; still, the thought of her wandering about with two small children in tow during these dire times was nearly enough to turn his stomach. The look in his gaze was obvious--For her? For me?

Messages In This Thread