J-I got tired of waiting,
[html]

He saw her face in the silver-blue coyote, a coyote who to Gabriel was more wolf then he or Anselm ever would be. There was familiarity and contempt there, and it sickened him to think that after all he had done to erase that bloodline here it was, staring him in the face. Gabriel’s jaw tightened as he watched the young man pull the child close, knowing now that he would not be able to turn the blood away. Whatever else he believed in, Gabriel believed in blood. Apparently, DaVinci believed that his bond held the same—because Ryan had chosen Inferni, he was bound to it. Wonderful.

Even as Anselm spoke, only Gabriel’s ears turned to show he was listening. His eyes were focused on the face of the man who reminded him of a ghost. He could remember the young man as a boy, and he could remember the arrogance that clung to his coat. Though there was none of it present now, Gabriel did not doubt what he knew. “You’re an idiot,” the Aquila grunted, his upper lip pulling back. “And I don’t trust you. Just because you and Ryan have children isn’t going to change that.” Flicking one ear dismissively, the coy-wolf narrowed his eyes. “I’m placing you as Quintus until you prove otherwise. And for God’s sake, you keep that kid safe or I’ll put your head on a pike.” Finally, satisfied, Gabriel looked to his wolfish cousin. “He’s your responsibility.” With that, the charcoal brushed man was off, unwilling to spend more time around Inferni’s newest member.

<style>
.gabe-snarly p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.gabe-snarly b {color:#362C0F;}
.gabe-snarly-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px 0px; border-style: solid none solid none; border-color: #000000; border-width:1px; }
.gabe-snarly-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; }
.gabe-snarly {background-color:#9F936D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/gabebg.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: 'palatino linotype', georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#423C2A; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
table by sie
[/html]

Messages In This Thread