your heart is my sky
[html]

i are a slow face, but you know that already! 368 words

One month, exactly. King had grown a lot, and if his paws were awkwardly sized for his body, he was certainly using them a lot to get around. Bouncing out of the den in front of his mother, he dove and tackled an errant bit of seaweed that had somehow made it's way up to their part of the beach. He gnawed at it furiously for a minute or two before losing interest completely when it did not taste delicious at all. After hopping back to Mommy's side, he pressed into his soft fur and whined: "Want plaaay." After his ears had perked up and he'd been able to actually understand the sweet nothings his mother whispered at him, the first word that King had latched on to was "Mine." "Want," of course, came shortly after.

Luckily for him, it was early enough in the day that Tokyo actually had enough energy to indulge him. She'd spent a lot of time around the den in her lupine form. It was just simpler to deal with than to have to worry about clothes and hair.. Once King was older she'd surely slip back into her old type of lifestyle, but for now, especially with the constant need to hunt to feed herself enough to feed the both of them it was just easier to stick in this form. His eyes were still stuck at electric blue, and she had no reason to believe they'd change to anything else.

Laughing, she splashed a bit of sand at her son and he retaliated with as much force as he could muster, pouncing on her tail and trying to tear it apart with his puppy-sharp teeth. Knocking him off with a careless swat, he bounced right back to her ankle. As much as she enjoyed this on occasion, she really needed to acquaint him with some of the other little ones in the pack. Tokyo just didn't have the energy for this stuff as much as King wanted it, and she really didn't have the heart to say no to him on anything that he wanted.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread