this is bat country.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... ighway.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:267px; background-position:top center; background-color:#140906; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#F57F23; line-height:16px">
        Of all the folks he didn't expect to see, the aqua-eyed Marino woman ranked high on the list. She'd spoken softly enough that he had to do a double take; at first he thought he was imagining things. Surely she'd heard of the conflict--surely she'd much rather be at home curled up in a nice safe den with her family. Lo and behold, when he stopped for a closer look he found his mind was not playing tricks on him and--at least temporarily and relatively speaking--his sanity remained intact. The confusion was masked behind a blasé façade that quickly melted into a warmer expression, one of both recognition and concern.

She seemed alert, tentative... though given her proximity to the two warring nations, perhaps such things were to be expected. Briefly he couldn't decide if something more dire lurked beneath the surface; he really hoped Crimson Dreams hadn't been somehow drug into the fray. His mind flashed back to Colibri and the awful mess she found herself in simply because her sire was a madman. "Ghita! What's up? Is everything alright?" he wondered quickly, the words seemingly spoken in a single breath. A million thoughts raced through his head but he bade his tongue to remain silent. She wasn't a child; she knew what risk she took coming here. Although he wouldn't flatter himself by thinking her sole objective was an amicable visit, a friendly face was truly quite a relief.

"I really didn't expect to see any of y'all for a few months," he admitted. "I got to meet your family not long before this started, though; cool kids," he offered with a flop of his tail before remembering her question. "Anyway, we're hanging in there. Our numbers are pretty strong 'n I'm working on a greenhouse, hopefully we'll be able to produce our own medicine soon... it's almost done. Things are quiet enough on the battlefront but I've got a hunch it's just the calm before the storm." A fool would mistake the silence for dormancy; Anselm understood that this was their chance to prepare and gear up. Of course on such short notice there was only so much the coyotes could do, but he wasn't feeling especially apprehensive about it. As she'd said, things were going about as well as anyone could expect.

With the little debriefing aside, he now looked to her questioningly; why had she come here and how were things down south?

w/c:411 Thanks for being so patient .-.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread