Between Breaths
[html]

Word Count:

She waited a baited breath for his answer, the moments of silence dragging for the Dreamer. He watched her face, no doubt wondering what it was that made her so doubtful. Anu wondered it as well. Where had her confidence gone, standing in her own homelands she felt as if every turn she made in front of him was the wrong one. Never had she felt such struggle, her wisdom never failing her in time of tragedy and trouble. Her calm faltered, but why? She could not think of a reason, though as he spoke her ears turned to listen and the reassurance lifted her. The words that she spoke would not touch him as deeply as she had thought, and in this instance she was grateful for it. Eyes like water turned to his face, her lips curving slightly into a smile that was as fragile as a newborn, yet its potential knew no bounds.

What was wrong with her? She couldn't give an answer that she knew to be clear. Anu could only guess herself, "I guess," she began, eyes looking forward as if her surroundings would give her inspiration. The pause was small, hardly a breath, "I worry for you more then I ever realized." She cared for him, feared for his life in the war ahead more then she had ever known. If her words pained him, or brought memories that made him suffer then she was simply weakening him before the battles truly begun. But in his words she didn't, and would gladly believe him.

<style>
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread