Inside you know an empire of soul
[html]

It was kind of the tribesman to offer the stranger a place for the night, and it was very generous considering Nayati did not know Anatoliy in the least. Though even the Russian had to admit he was large enough to pose a good threat, but hopefully the air about him ruined any of those illusions. Sure a man with a puma was not going to really fear a solitary stranger, plus he was part of a pack of sorts so there was far more for the Russo to fear than for Nayait. The puma could probably masticate him into small parts if she tried. Anatoliy shook his head slightly at the offer, not willing to burden people that were unknown to him. "No, no, I could not do that; it would not be fair to burden you. I will have to decline. I thank you though, for the offering."

All kinds of travel posed dangers. Land crossings could be marred with poisonous snakes and spiders. Sea travel was more dangerous in that ones body could be lost forever with nothing to send back to the family or honor with a marker. Diseases were more dangerous there too, since they could wipe out the entire ship, leaving a block of wood to float in the middle of the sea before succumbing to the waves. "It is. But surviving it is, how you say, exhilarating. A victory over something stronger. I guess. I came be accident." Next time, he would try to sleep where his family did, instead of just when the desire to sleep came.

Everything the AniWaya man told him fascinated him, more so than at the beginning. His interest was far more than just peeked. "It seems to be such a noble view!" His formalized language did sound quite curious and surprised. Sometimes, back home, he would rarely meet a person or a group who had more moral views on the world. But everyone else was either in it for themselves and their families, or did not care about the consequences of their actions. Anatoliy was not religious but most of those views bothered him. By any means necessary was not a philosophy he lived by. "How do you get the Spirit Guide?" he asked, eying the puma more openly now, wondering if it - she - felt it rude. "Is it something only your tribe may acquire?" All these questions; it reminded him of bothering one of his uncles - or was it great uncles? - back in Russia. Yet, most of this was more foreign to him than Halifax had ever been.

Table by Alli
[/html]

Messages In This Thread